Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game, directed by Hideki Kamiya, set for release in 2009 on the Xbox 360 and PS3. A witch with powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless angelic enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With magnificent over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat.
GEM Impact will be responsible for the game’s cutscene music, and will work alongside PlatinumGames sound directior Masami Ueda (Devil May Cry, Resident Evil) and composer Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Okami). The jazzy nature of the title’s music has been a perfect fit for the GEM Impact team, who have been exploring new territory since their success with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Ninja Blade.
- Groundbreaking Gameplay — Bayonetta, the game, is all about action. From the controls to the finishing moves, Bayonetta is positioned to be about pure action gameplay
- Hair Her hair serves as the basis of her costume and also her attacks and powers. These manifest in different ways:
- Wicked Weave attacks - By pulling off the right combos (illustrated by the loading screens), you’ll summon large demon fists and feet to punctuate the combos. Great for fighting bosses and large groups of enemies
- Torture Attacks - Unleash gruesome devices such as the Iron Maiden, Guillotine and more to finish off enemies and send them to hell by charging your Magic gauge.
- Climax attacks -To eliminate the upper ranks of her foes, Bayonetta’s hair serves as a magical conduit to summon demonic beasts.
- Interchangeable weapons
- Upgradeable weapons -In addition to her four enchanted guns called Scarborough Fair, she can unlock an array of weapons from shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws
- Enemy weapons - Bayonetta can also battle with a variety of other weapons retrieved from fallen enemies
- Beast Within - Bayonetta calls upon primal forces, transforming into various beasts (Panthers, etc.) according to the situation.
Bayonetta is set to be released in September 2009 on the Xbox 360 and the PS3.
More articles about Bayonetta