Set in the near future, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury is a gritty, real-world first-person shooter (FPS) in which the player fills the combat boots of an elite Delta Force operative. Featuring the high production values of a blockbuster Hollywood action/thriller, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury is a cinematic, action-oriented experience aimed at capturing and recreating the thrills of major Hollywood action films.
In the game, the player is hand-picked by the CIA’s Special Missions Unit to track down and contain the notorious “Red Mercury” – a substance that is thought to be capable of acting as a nuclear accelerant – before the Red Mercury is used to build backpack nuclear devices and sold to terrorist organizations. The player and an elite team of special forces must travel the globe in the quest to save the world from nuclear annihilation.
- Industry-leading sound quality includes full Dolby 5.1 effects; groundbreaking sound effects created by renowned Hollywood sound studio, Soundelux, best known for their work on the films Black Hawk Down and Kill Bill; cinematic score recorded by the Seattle Symphony reacts to the action onscreen
- Four worldwide single player campaigns from Syria to the African Congo to Kazakhstan to Chechnya
- More than 20 single player levels in a variety of highly detailed, photorealistic environments, including lush tropical jungles, war-torn cities, alpine fortresses and more; levels are packed with animated props, including wind-blown curtains, falling dust and leaves and over-flying planes to create ultimate immersion
- Superior multiplayer capabilities, including splitscreen co-op mode on more than 10 cooperative maps, four-player splitscreen, system link and Xbox Live! competitive multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Protect the V.I.P.
- An arsenal of the latest high-impact special forces weaponry, including more than 20 rifles, pistols, shotguns, grenades, rocket launchers, sub-machine guns and more
- The latest Unreal® technology from Epic Games, optimized for performance on the Xbox, using the engine’s advanced particle system to bring the battle-ravaged environments to stunning life-like reality
- Ultra-realistic in-game characters created by advanced cyber-scanning at a Hollywood studio; detailed facial animation includes mouth, jaw and lip movement as well as eyebrow raises and eye blinking
- Motion capture for all in-game characters acted by real United States Special Forces and Army Rangers
- A.I. animation blending modifies the way an enemy moves when hit – characters will limp to the correct side if shot in the right or left leg
- Hyper-realistic textures created by a globe-trotting photo source shoot on location in Morocco, Russia, Croatia, Bosnia and Hawaii
- The Karma physics engine provides realistic physics effects, including “rag doll” death animations and explosions that blow enemies and objects through the air in a terrifying ballet of military power
- Sophisticated enemy artificial intelligence (A.I.) enables adversaries to see and hear the player and react accordingly – they can find and use cover quickly, call out to their brothers-in-arms with commands based on each situation and kick or throw grenades tossed at them
- Complex hit detection on enemies causes foes to react accordingly to being shot in the head, arm, torso or legs -- each area inflicts differing damage levels