The next evolution of one of the most successful franchises in video game history – Driver -- DRIV3R is an action-packed driving adventure game that recreates the excitement of a Hollywood blockbuster car chase and plays like an interactive movie. Developed by Reflections Interactive (an Atari studio), the masterminds behind Driver and Driver 2 – which have sold more than 12 million copies worldwide – DRIV3R stays true to its roots, incorporating the cinematic gameplay and gritty street crime of its predecessors with ground breaking graphics and three mammoth, wide-open city environments.
Featuring Hollywood-level production values and a gripping, narrative story line, DRIV3R casts players once again as Tanner, a jaw breaking, no-holds-barred undercover cop and master “Wheelman” who does whatever it takes to bring the bad guys down. This time, Tanner, alongside his longtime partner, Tobias, must infiltrate a global car theft ring in tire squealing chases and fierce on-foot firefights while tailing gangsters, chasing witnesses, stealing cars and unloading massive clips of ammo to bring the criminals to justice.
- Major acting and scriptwriting talent are involved from the ground up in the creation, production and performance of DRIV3R, including Michael Madsen as Tanner, Mickey Rourke as the sinister Jericho, Michelle Rodriguez as the sexy Calita and Ving Rhames as Tanner’s partner, Tobias Jones
- Three gigantic and true-to-life cities, including Miami, Nice and Istanbul, with more than 30,000 buildings hand-placed and decorated for intricate detail and ultimate immersion
- More than 150 miles of major highways and city streets to explore plus countless uncharted open areas, alleys, dirt roads and smaller byways
- A stunning graphics engine capable of creating massive photorealistic environments – both indoor and outdoor – filled with hundreds of destructible objects to be smashed and blasted both in vehicles and on foot
- Complete destruction models will allow vehicles to crumble realistically as they are bashed, smashed and driven to the limits of their design
- Unmatched driving and physics engine will create the most realistic vehicle performance in any game
- A deep, narrative storyline that plays like an interactive movie, recreating the attitude, action and car chase sequences of modern gangster films like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch and Pulp Fiction; nearly an hour of CGI video will flesh out the plot with dramatic scenes of sinister crime syndicate dealings
- Multiple solutions to missions will allow players to plan strategically before they move in on the crooks and choose between a full frontal assault or a more surreptitious alternative, depending on gameplay tastes
- Some missions will allow players to switch characters, providing for gameplay variety
- Driver’s signature “Film Director” function, which records every move made in the game, will allow gamers to place cameras anywhere and direct and save their own Hollywood car chase
- More than 50 controllable vehicles, including motorcycles, boats, police cars, vans, mopeds, muscle cars and fully articulated 18 wheelers
- Multiple difficulty settings will create compelling gameplay challenges for all levels of gamers, from the new recruit to the hardcore Driver fan