Before there were roofs overhead, there were dank, dark caves echoing with the grunts of their prehistoric inhabitants. Before organized crops and farming, every new fruit and berry picked off the tree could either be sweet, delicious sustenance - or deadly poison. Every roar in the distance necessitated tribal unity; every rock shard and broken stick could be a weapon; every flame needed to be preserved. Before there was history, there was "BC."
"BC" is an original third-person action/adventure game that hurtles players back millions of years to the beginnings of humankind. Members of a tribe take part in an epic journey of survival, battling against ferocious, prehistoric creatures and exploring and exploiting vast natural environments. New technologies and knowledge could be just over the next rise. If humanity is to survive, the tribe needs to evolve into a thinking, resourceful unit that can rise up to become the pioneers in a primeval, unpredictable world.
- Brutal prehistoric combat. Players experience savage battles in an uncivilized, merciless era. Heads and limbs get torn off and pools of blood congeal after brutal conflicts in a violent, dangerous world where only the strong survive.
- The world is a weapon. Gamers will discover and create a multitude of deadly weapons using naturally occurring materials. Enemies can be poisoned with native plants; rocks can be rolled down hills to kill predatory opponents, trees can be knocked down into creatures, predators can be turned against each other. Interactive environments allow for multiple solutions. Any object can be picked up or used as a tool or weapon, and wild animals have the potential to be predator or prey.
- A massive prehistoric world. Players must lead their tribe through the nascent earth's deadly but beautiful environments, from ancient rainforests to underwater settings. Gamers must weather the elements, from scathing desert heat to raging tropical rainstorms and fierce mountain blizzards. "BC's" non-linear gameplay means players can follow the quests they want, or just roam the prehistoric world.
- Deadly adversaries. The tribe becomes the hunted when deadly creatures ranging from saber-toothed tigers to velociraptors defend their young or stalk tribe members for food.
- Evolution or extinction. Gamers guide the development of their tribe, selecting from areas of expertise including hunters, mystics, builders and muscle. As their experience grows and time passes, players choose the right skills and powers to enhance their characters and benefit the tribe.
More articles about BC