In the future, Rebel space colonies launch a brutal war for independence with a series of orbital strikes against the Earth. War is reinvented as advanced ECM renders long range sensors and communications virtually useless. In this chaos, a frightening new weapon, the mobile suit, is born. Agile, heavily armed and armored and optimized for short range combat with melee attacks and a wide array of weapons, the Mobile Suit is the ultimate instrument in this new age of warfare. Rediscover the thrill of mechanized warfare as you are thrown into battle as a soldier on the front lines of the One Year War. Fight on foot, in vehicles and in Mobile Suits around the globe. Crush your enemies onliiine no matter where they hide, be it open battlefield or urban environments. Pick your side, choose your weapon, prove your supremacy.
- For the first time ever, giant mecha will engage in hand to hand combat with beam sabers, heat hawks and other melee weapons never before seen in the genre.
- Jump into the cockpit of your war machine and experience first hand what mobile suit warfare in the Universal Century feels like as you battle in a host of vehicles and mobile suits, or engage in small unit infantry tactics as you pit your wits and body against the mightiest war machines ever created.
- Engage enemies on the battlefields of the One Year War any way you want -- on foot, in vehicles and in a wide array of mecha.
- Online play brings mobile suit warfare to life like never before. Fight in teams through multiple scenarios and battlefields.
- Immerse yourself in the world of the Universal Century. Dramatic cockpit views, exquisitely detailed Mobile Suits and vehicles modeled down to the differences in ejection systems and boarding protocols. Using the power of the XBOX 360, view Mobile Suits and environments in unparalleled detail, right down to the rust and damage from combat, all in HDTV resolution.
- Customize your mobile suit in near limitless ways. Determine weapon load outs from a huge arsenal and fully utilize your sensor suite.
More articles about Mobile Ops: The One Year War