In 2005, Sony Computer Entertainment America's Santa Monica Studios introduced GOD OF WAR, which was widely considered the best videogame of 2005 with over a dozen "Game of the Year Awards." In Q1 of 2007, Kratos, the ex-Spartan warrior turned God of War, returns in GOD OF WAR II, exclusively for the PlaysStation 2. Armed with all-new brutal combat moves and magic, players retake the role of Kratos and embark on a new epic adventure to change the fate of mortals and Gods alike. As Kratos, players will travel through unique levels of exceptionally detailed and vividly striking environments, unfolding story driven puzzles and competing in numerous, epic boss battles in the quest for revenge.
God of War saw Kratos, a mortal warrior, set upon an epic quest to dethrone a God. But his journey did not end there. In God of War II, Kratos sits atop his Olympus throne, as the new God of War – far more ruthless than Ares ever was. To end his continued torment, Kratos must journey to the far reaches of the earth and defeat untold horrors and alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed, his fate. God of War II sets an epic stage for a devastating mythological war to end all wars.
- Huge Collection of Combat Moves: Players can utilize their favorite combo attacks from GOD OF WAR along with a whole new set of moves and magic. Magic is based on nature's elements which include utilizing the power if wind, ice and much more.
- New Characters: From the popular Cyclops and Cerebus to the Flying Gryphon and more, players will encounter some of the greatest Greek mythological beasts, along with more enemies and bosses.
- Puzzle Solving: GOD OF WAR II features more puzzle solving, where players must solve intelligent, challenging and progressively more complicated puzzles latent with brutal elements that are intricately woven into the overarching story.
- Exploration: Players will continue their previous experiences in the dark, violent world of Greek mythology and test their agility through more levels as they traverse treacherous, often brutal terrain that will range from the undiscovered Sisters of Fate to the Dark Swamp and more.
- Critically-Acclaimed Franchise: With more than a dozen "Game of the Year" awards received for its predecessor, God of War II is based upon the same foundation and comes from the same award-winning development team.
More articles about God of War II