One of the highest-rated PlayStation Network titles returns this summer with PixelJunk Shooter 2, the sequel to last year's award-winning PixelJunk Shooter. From Kyoto-based developer Q-Games, PixelJunk Shooter 2 is a direct sequel to PixelJunk Shooter, introducing more elements to manipulate, new areas to navigate through and more enemies to take on as players take control of a subterranean vehicle to explore diverse underground caverns teeming with mysterious, deadly creatures.
PixelJunk Shooter begins with the rescue ship being swallowed by a giant beast during its mission. It's up to the players to navigate through the internal organs and vessels of this creature to escape while rescuing as many survivors that have also been eaten. Much like PixelJunk Shooter, PixelJunk Shooter 2 is a complex and dynamic fluid simulation system, which fills the game world with flowing liquids and hazardous gases, and provides the game its distinctive style. Blast holes in walls or use your ship itself to drill past scorching hot magma. The fluids react in real-time to the player's actions and to other liquids, creating unique and exciting situations with every play. The goal of the game is to find and rescue the many helpless, stranded survivors. Players will need to master the deformable terrain, the flowing liquids and the fierce life forms as they proceed deeper into ever more challenging environments.
- Online Multiplayer Gameplay — The game features a competitive online multiplayer mode, with a distinct rule-set and many specifically designed battle arena stages.
- Ghost Players — PixelJunk Shooter 2 contains an advanced Score Attack mode over the original game. Player "ghosts" can be stored online for each personal best performance and players can choose to challenge a ghost from the ranking table or from their friends list, and fight for the high score.
- New Virtual Co-Op Play — PixelJunk Shooter 2 introduces "Ghost Docks," where a scripted ghost will be called upon to complete a path and certain tasks by itself. The player will need to utilize and work with the ghost in order to proceed.
- Distinctive Visuals and Music — Features several unique worlds with stylishly designed graphics and brand new music from High Frequency Bandwidth.
- Fluid Dynamics and Effects — The dynamic rendition of water, magma and other substances is the visual centerpiece in PixelJunk Shooter 2.
- Stages as Puzzles — Players attempt to change the terrain and environment around them to progress. It takes strategy, planning and addictive replay to succeed.
- Online Rankings and YouTube Uploading — Share your scores and game footage with the world
- Rumble Support — Feel the effects when the craft bumps into the cavern's wall.
- Remote Play — Supports Remote Play for PSP system.
- Trophy Support — PixelJunk Shooter 2 will fully support PlayStation Trophies
More articles about PixelJunk Shooter 2