As in the original Tropico, the player will again be able to play the role of “El Presidente” taking over the control of a tropical island. You decide whether you want to use your army to secure your power base in the best traditions of corrupt, unscrupulous tyrants everywhere, or alternatively to lead your people to prosperity in your role as generous elder statesman.
Danger lurks on every corner. There are militant rebels planning a Coup d'État for a communistic Junta, while in the background there are two lurking superpowers, the USA and the Soviet Union, who would perhaps prefer a more pliable president in the strategically important island of Tropico!
One of the most prominent features of the sequel is your own, freely customizable avatar. This time, you will be able to slip into the clothes of El Presidente, wander about Tropico Island and directly influence your people.
Tropico 3 on the Xbox 360 will be an almost identical port of the PC version except for some of the interface elements which will be specially adapted for the console.
GamesCom marks a fresh start for Kalypso Media with a first and significant presence on the convention's show floor. The vast Tropico 3 themed booth sports an atmospheric beach design and will allow visitors to play the highly anticipated successor to the cult game for the first time exclusively.
Kalypso will also be present in the GamesCom Business Centre, combining the Kalypso branches Germany, UK and USA. Here, we will showcase not only Tropico 3 but also reveal a new and exciting exclusive title currently under development by Kalypso's internal development team Realmforge Studios in Munich.
Furthermore, Daniel Dumont and Kay Struve from Kalypso's Gaming Minds development studio in Gütersloh will be standing up to questions regarding their latest project, the new Patrician game scheduled for release in summer 2010.
- The avatar is a special customizable unit that the player creates and controls.
- Avatars can be male or female
- The player is able to customize the avatar's face, hairstyle, facial hair, hat, clothing, and additional accessories.
- The avatar travels across the island on foot or with his limo.
- The avatar is able to speed up constructions, inspect buildings, address the people from the balcony of his palace, calm down a protest, or go on a diplomatic mission abroad.
- The avatar may also engage in combat and personally shoot down rebels. If he is unlucky enough to be wounded, he can retreat to his palace to recuperate.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: 2.4 GHz CPU
- Graphics Card: a SM3.0 capable discrete GPU ( NVIDIA Geforce 6 or higher, ATI X1300 or higher )
- DirectX 9
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 5 Gigabyte
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ or better
- Graphics Card: Geforce 7600 GT 256MB / Radeon X1600 Series or better
- DirectX 9
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 5GBs
The game will attract the fans of the Tropico series, as well as newcomers with state-of-the-art graphics, complex gameplay similar to the other titles in the series and a comprehensive multiplayer mode.
More articles about Tropico 3