"Forza Motorsport 3" unites the racing game genre, making it possible for everyone to experience the thrill of the world’s most exotic and exquisite cars. Live the most realistic racing experience ever as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. With breathtaking high-definition graphics and the most advanced vehicle performance modeling in a video game, "Forza Motorsport 3" includes a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels.
Your escape into the world of car culture in "Forza Motorsport 3" doesn’t stop at the track. Turn 10 is a proven leader in user-generated content creation in games. "Forza Motorsport 3" further fuels the imaginations of its already thriving community of painters, tuners and photographers with improved customization tools and brand-new ways to share creations with the world via Xbox Live.
With its exotic arrangement of canards, side pod spoilers, ribbed rear wheel well fins and massive rear wing, the Audi A4 Touring Car is a master of down force. Weighing in at 2,100 pounds and featuring 476 horsepower, it goes without saying that this car can cover a lot of ground in very little time.
Alternatively, Rahal Letterman Racing’s #92 ushered the return of BMW to the American Le Mans Series and it showed speed early, nabbing a runner-up in GT2 at its second race of 2009. This M3 sports 491-horses, tons of mechanical grip and 50/50 weight distribution. Handling the M3 GT2 through the turns will challenge most players but get it right and your lap times are destined to drop.
However, our tour through Europe would not be complete without a brief stop in Italy. However, instead of Ferrari, today we’re showcasing one of the most powerful, most expensive and rarest of all Lamborghinis, the Reventon. The 2008 Lamborghini Reventon is a full-tilt thrill ride that will leave even the gutsiest of drivers with a fevered brow and white knuckles. The car’s V12 unleashes 641 horsepower. It costs $1.4 Million, or 13 ZR1s, and only 20 were produced.
Speaking of Corvettes, the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 may cost less than many of its European counterparts but will still given them a run for their money at the track. With generous amounts of supercharged V8 power, carbon ceramic brakes and a barely detuned race suspension, the 638-horsepower ZR1 can hit speeds of more than 200 mph going from 0-100, that’s 100 not 60, in a mere 6.9 seconds.
We round out Volume 1 of our Manufacturer’s showcase series with a couple of highly regarded, high performance speedsters – the 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec and 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R. Built with the racer in mind, the 1993 Cobra R was a stripped of everything but the bare essentials. Larger brakes, stiffer coil springs, Koni shocks, larger anti roll bars, and a strut tower brace were added to increase performance. Only 107 1993 Cobra R models were ever produced making it one of the rarest, fastest, and most collectible Fox Body Mustangs of all time. Last but not least, the 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec rides lower than standard GT-Rs with race- tuned shocks and springs. Skyline GT-Rs have one of the biggest upsides on Forza 3 from a modification standpoint so consider effort in the tuning garage time well spent.
- Featuring the latest and greatest production offerings as well as the world’s fastest and most exotic street cars, "Forza Motorsport 3" offers more than 400 fully customizable and tunable cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers. Whether your passion is classic American muscle cars, European roadsters, purpose-built race cars or high-tech Asian imports, "Forza Motorsport 3" puts you in the cockpit of the cars you love.
In addition to the return of world-famous tracks from previous "Forza Motorsport" games, including Suzuka, Nürburgring Nordschleife and the Sebring International Raceway, "Forza Motorsport 3" invites you to conquer the corners on more than 100 tracks, including some of the most beautiful road courses in the world. New environments like the gorgeous mountainous Montserrat region in Spain, the rugged Amalfi Coast in Italy and the American Southwest are presented in such majestic detail that you might find yourself pulling over just to take it all in.
- The appreciation of the automobile in "Forza Motorsport 3" is due in large part to the team’s attention to detail. This is why automotive engineers from manufacturers like Audi and champion race teams like Peugeot as well as experienced computer graphics specialists from across Microsoft Corp. have all teamed up with Turn 10 to make "Forza Motorsport 3" the most beautiful and realistic racing game ever made. All 400-plus cars in the game have been built with more than 10 times the amount of polygons as "Forza Motorsport 2." This includes painstakingly researched cockpits and interiors for every vehicle. But realism isn’t just about pretty graphics. Turn 10 takes realism to new heights, leading the industry with the most advanced physics model, artificial intelligence and damage calculations. Whether it’s the differences in how each car handles through the corners, how the engines sound at top speed or how different tires and upgrades impact your car’s performance, you’ll find yourself leaning into your turns as if you were really behind the wheel of your favorite ride.
- Forza Motorsport 3 redefines the racing genre. Simulation games can be too hard for some players. "Forza Motorsport 3" rises above the distinction between simulation and arcade games. Using a myriad of cutting-edge driving and gameplay assists such as auto-braking, gameplay rewind and auto-tuning, "Forza Motorsport 3" delivers an experience where everyone can have fun behind the wheel, regardless of your skill and dexterity. Whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned racing game pro, "Forza Motorsport 3" caters to how you drive and evolves with you over time as your skills increase.
- Painters and tuners will once again be able to showcase creativity through the celebrated Livery Editor, Auction House and deep tuning garage in "Forza Motorsport 3." The car is literally the artistic canvas as some of the world’s most creative car painters and designers find new layers of depth and freedom to create shocking visual masterpieces before sharing them with others over Xbox LIVE.* Each car in "Forza Motorsport 3" is fully upgradable, allowing gear heads to take on the challenge of turning a Honda Civic into a supercar killer. New Xbox LIVE Leaderboards celebrate not only the greatest racers but also the most prolific car tuners and painters in the community.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is an epic racing game featuring more content and more ways to play than any racing title today. An innovative single-player season mode puts you through a completely personalized racing calendar that includes more than 200 different events, including Circuit, Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events. No two calendars are the same; they react to the cars you love and the races you enjoy most. In addition, the online multiplayer mode* gains an all-new game rules editor. This gives players a never-ending variety of ways to play with friends. Whether you’re a speedster, dragster, drifter, painter, tuner or just a lover of cars, "Forza Motorsport 3" is the definitive racing game for you.
More articles about Forza Motorsport 3