Fable 2 is a true sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than 3 million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of “Fable” where players’ every decision continually defines who they become. “Fable 2” is an action role-playing game that truly allows players to live the life they choose in an unimaginably open world environment.
Set 500 years after the original, Fable 2 will provide gamers with an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs and caves in the world of Albion.
In the first episode, players will experience childhood and the trials of being a young adult in the world of Albion. After completing the chapter, players have the choice to then purchase the next installment or the entire game (in select regions). “Fable II: Game Episodes” delivers the entire “Fable II” experience in five consecutive instalments, with all the Achievements, challenges and excitement of the disk-based game, as well as full compatibility with the previously released Game Add-ons, “Knothole Island” and “See the Future.” The episodes are also fully compatible with the disk-based, retail version of “Fable II,” allowing players to enter Albion and continue their story should they purchase “Fable II” at retail. All editions of the game offer cooperative play with friends on the same couch as well as on Xbox LIVE.
“With the launch of Games on Demand on Xbox LIVE, we have a great tool in place to deliver classic titles in an incredibly convenient fashion,” said Phil Spencer, general manager of Microsoft Game Studios. “With the ‘Fable II’ episodic model, we’re encouraging people to experience the first chapter of the game for free, then move onto other chapters when they are ready. It’s a unique model and one that will appeal to gamers who’ve been hesitant to dive full into the original retail release.”
Fable II: Game Episodes will debut Sept. 29 with the release of the first episode for free download exclusively on Xbox Live.
- Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands on the scope and depth of the Xbox classic with incredible new features and a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
- A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion, where every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale, more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable.” Players will witness how the world has grown and changed in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion.
- New and unique combat system. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system that is designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while being very accessible, are also amazingly deep and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from a master swordsman or skilled ranger to an evil magic-wielder.
- A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players merely feed their pooch and it will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys throughout this magical world.
- Dynamic cooperative play
- Prior to Fable 2's release pub games will debut as a stand-alone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade, allowing gamers to earn currency which are transferable to Fable 2 so gamers can purchase items in-game from the start.
Fable 2 on the Xbox 360 is currently available worldwide at a suggested retail price of $59.99.
More articles about Fable II