DJ Hero will drop the needle with a completely fresh experience and legendary artists including Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Justice, Marvin Gaye, Beck, Beastie Boys and N.E.R.D. DJ Hero features more than 100 individual songs that have been transformed into more than 80 exclusive, original mixes by superstar DJs including DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip and DJ AM. With an innovative, new turntable controller and the hottest music collection of original music, DJ Hero is a unique new social music gaming experience that will excite the millions of dance club music fans who can now play along to hit songs from a range of genres including hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock and electronica allowing them to rule the party with original mixes.
The makers of Guitar Hero introduce a new way to experience your favorite music. With DJ Hero you will be the life of the party as you scratch and mix more than 100 songs into over 90 unique mixes.
Learn basic and advanced DJ Hero techniques, then spin your way through different set lists in beginner, easy, medium, hard, and expert modes. Grab your friends and start your own DJ Hero party.
In DJ Hero, faces in the crowd are transformed into the life of the party as the game’s turntable controller – created exclusively for DJ Hero and featuring familiar DJ tools including a fully-rotating turntable, sample buttons, effects dial and cross fader – immerses fans into the authenticity of DJ culture and a sea of music. By utilizing and mastering various DJ techniques including scratching, blending, cross fading and sampling, while leaving room for creative expression with a variety of effects and player chosen samples and scratches, gamers will rule the party performing music as only a DJ can. Social expression is heightened with euphoric multiplayer gameplay where two DJs can battle competitively or have a player join in to emcee over any track in the game with a mic. Additionally, gamers can rock together as DJ Hero features DJ-guitar exclusive mixes played with a turntable controller and Guitar Hero guitar controller.
- Common – “Universal Mind Control (UMC)” vs. Masta Ace – “Jeep A** Gutter”
- Benny Benassi “Satisfaction” vs. Tiësto “Elements Of Life
- Eric B. & Rakim – “Eric B. Is President” vs. M.I.A. – “Paper Planes”
- Noisia – “Groundhog” (Beat Juggle)
- The Jackson 5 – “I Want You Back” vs. Gang Starr – “Just to Get a Rep”
- Little Richard – “Tutti Frutti” vs. Shlomo – “Beats”
- Feel Good Inc." (Gorillaz) vs "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)
- Paul van Dyk “Nothing But You” vs. Sandy Rivera “I Can’t Stop”
- "Jayou" (Jurassic 5) vs "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock)
- "Bustin' Loose" (Chuck Brown) vs "Time of the Season" (The Zombies, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "All Apologies" (Nirvana) vs "Give It to Me Baby" (Rick James, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "Let's Dance" (David Bowie) vs "Jack of Spades" (KRS One, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "Shout" (Tears for Fears) vs "Pjanoo" (Eric Prydz)
- "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock) vs. "Lapdance" (N.E.R.D.)
- "Here Comes My DJ" ( Grandmaster Flash) vs. "Cars" (Gary Numan)
- “Izzo (H.O.V.A.)” (Jay Z) vs. “My Name Is” (Eminem)
- Dizzee Rascal - “Fix Up, Look Sharp’ vs. Justice - “Genesis”
- “Hollaback Girl’ (Gwen Stefani) vs. “Give It To Me” (Rick James)
- “Boom Boom Pow’ (Black Eyed Peas) vs. “Satisfaction” (Benni Benassi)
- “Sabotage” (Beastie Boys ) vs. “Monkey Wrench” (Foo Fighters)
- Start the Party, Rule The Party – From intimate settings to the largest club events around the world, the DJ is the life of the party. DJ Hero gives gamers a chance to step to the front of the room in the most socially expressive experience by combining exhilarating gameplay, the hottest music and world-class DJs with the all-new turntable controller.
- Music Sounds Better With You – With over 100 individual songs included on-disc, highlighted in over 80 original exclusive mixes, DJ Hero compiles a massive set list spanning hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock, electronica, and almost everything in between, from world renowned artists like David Bowie, Blondie, Justice, Marvin Gaye, KRS-1, Beastie Boys, Gorillaz, N.E.R.D, Beck and 50 Cent.
- Here Comes My DJ – DJ Hero features in-game appearances as well as mixes and original music from some of the hottest DJs melting vinyl in clubs and over the airwaves throughout the world, bringing turntable legends like DJ Shadow from the dancehall to your living room.
- Bust A Move – DJ Hero drops the needle on the record for gamers and immerses them in common DJ techniques including mixing, sampling and various scratch patterns while offering social expression with freestyle effects and samples. Accessible to many audiences, all will feel comfortable spinning on the turntable controller that blends the unique DJ Hero gameplay with a host of authentic DJ cultures. So don’t just stand there, bust a move!
- Battle the Best or Scratch and Strum with the Rest – With DJ competitions playing a large role in DJ culture, from impromptu battles to the DMC World DJ Championships, inclusion of the DJ vs. DJ competitive game mode is a natural fit, giving beat chemists the option to battle head-to-head to determine virtual DJ supremacy. Additionally, two DJs can mix and scratch together on multiple turntable controllers, a player can join in to emcee over any track in the game with a mic or, using a Guitar Hero guitar controller along with a turntable controller, gamers can perform a series of infamous DJ-guitar exclusive mixes, just as many of the artists in DJ Hero have.
- Live and On Location – Where Guitar Hero brought gamers into the world of rock ‘n’ roll, DJ Hero brings gamers to the party with art design and venues reminiscent of real world locales from around the globe including an ultra plush Hollywood Hills style mansion to an open air beach club in Ibiza.
More articles about DJ Hero