This unique action RPG blends exploration with fast-paced battles, as players travel between the real world and virtual Wave World. Developed by the team behind the popular Mega Man Battle Network series, the game marks the start of a new era for Mega Man, which celebrates his 20th anniversary this year. In Mega Man Star Force, players explore towns and interact with people in the real world while the action-packed battles take place in the virtual dimension. Enemy encounters take place on a three by five grid, where players use a portfolio of Battle Cards that each have distinct attributes and attack powers. As the story progresses, players will acquire additional cards and can build an arsenal that reflects their personal strategy. Players can also connect wirelessly via the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection with friends to create a "Brother Band" network, where they can share cards and status upgrades.
Mega Man Star Force for the Nintendo DS is the first game in a new Mega Man series making its debut in three versions – Pegasus, Leo and Dragon , a first for any Mega Man title. This action RPG blends exploration with fast-paced battles, as players travel between real world and virtual "Wave World."
Set in the year 22XX, Mega Man Star Force introduces all new characters in a fresh, futuristic storyline with interspatial themes based on astronomy and wireless wave signals. As main character Geo Stelar, players must vanquish a new breed of enemies that have emerged from the distant planet FM. Using a pair of special "visualizer" glasses that let him see wave signals that are otherwise invisible to the human eye, Geo and a mysterious ally named Omega-Xis must join forces to transform into Mega Man in order to enter the virtual "Wave World" and defeat the aliens from FM.
- Three stellar versions call upon the power of the elements – Ice Pegasus, Fire Leo and Green Dragon
- Two co-existing worlds – explore the real world in human form and transform into Mega Man to maneuver the virtual "Wave World"
- Cyber battles feature an immersive third person view as players engage enemies in a 3x5 battle grid
- Each game version offers a unique powered-up transformation of Mega Man based on the respective elemental power and can unleash a special "Star Force Big Bang" attack
- Battle Cards based on elemental attributes (fire, water, wood, electricity), each a part of a power chain where one is stronger or weaker than another
- Best Combo – combine Battle Cards of the same type to unleash consecutive attacks
- Dynamic Brother Band system – add up to six friends to help each other in battles, share Battle Cards, receive stat boosts and other special benefits
- Each character has their own customizable Personal Page where Battle Cards and information can be viewed and traded with friends to compare progress
Developed by the team behind the popular Mega Man Battle Network series, the game marks the start of a new era for Mega Man, which celebrates his 20th anniversary this year.
More articles about Mega Man Star Force