From the development team of the critically acclaimed Syphon Filter franchise, Dark Mirror is set to deliver an intense, edge of your seat thriller. An immersive single-player experience that also delivers an evolving online multiplayer experience, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror features melee attacks, target lock, precision aiming, target and vision enhancements, enhanced artificial intelligence (AI), and high-tech weaponry. Gamers can choose between difficulty modes that monitor and adjust skill level, nine unique online maps using both Ad Hoc and Infrastructure connectivity, and four types of gameplay modes in multiplayer.
Gamers assume the identity of Gabe Logan, a highly-trained Precision Strike Operative, commanding a black box United States Agency that legally doesn’t exist. Gabe finds himself dealing with a beautiful woman from his past who harbors a shocking secret while he battles the Red Section, a para-military group in possession of Project Dark Mirror, a next-generation weapon of mass destruction. Using Precision Strike Tactics, advanced vision technology, and the latest in high-tech weaponry, Logan and his team perform surgical strike missions – too sensitive for a military response, too dangerous for civilian intelligence forces. Through the role of Gabe, players will have to be quick to strategize, as he is responsible to infiltrate, recon and execute decisively. Once inserted, Logan is his own authority – he must make life and death decisions, quickly choosing which course of action to take.
Single-Player Features :
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror provides players high tech weaponry to infiltrate including the ability to attack multiple targets at once using tazer darts, gas darts to silently eliminate targets, and explosive darts to eliminate multiple targets.
- Vision enhancements allow players to track both AI and energy sources using night vision and infrared to track targets via heat signature, as well as an energy sensor to locate invisible targets and track energy sources.
- Enemies use turrets and zip lines, and they will be highly aware of their surroundings, provide backup, cover and perform flanking maneuvers.
- Target enhancements allow gamers to seek areas for takedowns, open up pathways by locating and shooting hidden enemies, and eliminate AI by shooting explosive and electrical targets. Players will have the choice between Target Lock or precision aiming.
- Hand-to-hand combat moves, deadly contextual knife attacks, vision enhancements and high tech weaponry gives gamers numerous options on how to kill their enemies.
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror’s realistic look is attributed to a multitude of technologies, including Rag Doll Physics, highly detailed texture and dirt maps, improved goggle effects and gloss mapping. Character models are built with detail and realism and feature animations for covert moves, knife kills and contextual specific scenarios.
More articles about Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror