WipEout Pulse brings the iconic anti-gravity combat racing title back to PSP after a two-year wait. Pulse arrives with a full tank of innovation, bringing stylish new tracks, futuristic ships, high-tech weapons and an impressive 7 game modes to the high-octane speed, adrenaline-drenched, anti-gravity 800 kilometres per hour action you’ve come to expect from the series. Built to better even its critically-acclaimed predecessor, WipEout Pulse is set to become an instant classic and a must-have for PSP owners – not least because of its stunning visuals and overall enhanced game package but also its immediate accessibility: a new Training section introduces the player to how the game plays, from ship handling through to weapons allowing it to be accessible to all racing fans looking for an alternative to traditional on-wheel racers.
The wait for WipEout Pulse has been well worth it as Studio Liverpool has been hard at work developing a range of futuristic new features. There are 8 teams including the new EG-X outfit, while new weapons provide all sorts of devious ways to send rivals into a spin. Tracks now contain the brand new Mag-Strip feature which causes ships to become temporarily locked to the track’s surface. This feature offers a huge variety and dynamism in track design and adds incredible racing conditions such as loops, vertical drops and 90 degree angled sections.
Race head-to-head at eye-watering speeds on magnificently-rendered reversible tracks built into a variety of stunning landscapes. Create your own multiplayer events in Ad Hoc and Infrastructure modes – and experience it all to the exhilarating beat of a thumping, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring the latest big names in dance music (full track-list to be announced). There is even the possibility to play your own mp3 files direct from your memory stick! Finally, a wealth of extra downloadable content will be made available at launch and post launch, including new tracks, ships and tunes to add to your racing soundtrack, and – if you’re really impressed with your skills- you can take a snapshot of your ship at any time using Photo Mode and post it online!
- Latest incarnation of the iconic, stylish and futuristic anti-gravity combat racer: an awesome follow-up to WipEout Pure on PSP
- Upholds the brand heritage and refines all the best elements of the franchise to deliver an exhilarating racing experience loaded with hi-tech weapons, hi-octane speed and futuristic adrenaline-fuelled combat
- 7 diversified single player and multiplayer modes, including wireless multiplayer mode via Ad Hoc and Infrastructure Modes
- Downloadable content available at launch and post-launch: new circuits, ships and music tracks
- Pumping soundtrack licensed by a range of top artists including Mason, Loco Dice and Stanton Warriors
- 8 teams including the new EG-X team and 24 new exhilarating tracks
- New Mag-Strip track feature: Allowing for a huge variety and dynamism in track design including loops, vertical drops and 90 degrees angled sections
- Snap a photo of your ship at any time in Photo Mode and upload online to show the world
WipEout Pulse – exclusive to PSP – will be unleashed this September.
More articles about WipEout Pulse