Originally released for North America in 1998 as Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Klonoa features lush storybook visuals, timeless 2.5D gameplay, new motion control based attacks as well as brand new modes and secrets to uncover.
Help Klonoa save Phantomile, a land formed by the dreams of its inhabitants and recently besieged by an unknown evil. Klonoa’s journey takes him and his best friend Hewpoe through a fantastic journey across multiple kingdoms. Along their way they will fight fearsome bosses and figure out challenging puzzles through increasingly difficult stages. Armed with his trusty Wind Bullet, Klonoa is able to inflate and grab enemies to use as tools to overcome environmental hazards and defeat other enemies.
A simple move of the Wii Remote will make Klonoa throw captured enemies to break obstacles, uncover hidden items or defeat other enemies. Klonoa can also use enemies he is holding to perform a double jump which allows him to reach high ledges or jump across large pits. By shaking the Nunchuk, Klonoa can use his whirlwind to slow down approaching enemies. In addition to the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls, Klonoa offers a wide range of control options for any style of play, including Wii Remote only, Classic Controller and the Nintendo GameCube Controller.
Experience an all new challenge with Reverse Mode which is unlocked after the story mode is completed. Each stage in Reverse Mode contains a hidden portal leading to a Bonus Stage. These hidden stages will test the resolve of the most hardened Klonoa fans and require total mastery of Klonoa’s unique gameplay. Will you be able to beat them all?
- Unique character and level designs: Cute, and quirky characters and beautifully detailed environments.
- Enhanced graphics: Gorgeous, vibrant, and completely redesigned graphics optimized for the Wii.
- Fun and challenging gameplay experience: Dozens of different enemies to beat in 14 adventure-filled levels.
- Exclusive Reverse Mode: With bonus stages created especially for the Wii version of the game.
- Multiple controller options: Players can choose whichever style suits them best, from the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, Wii Remote only, Classic Controller, or even the GameCube controller.
- New controls utilize the Wii’s motion sensing capabilities.
- Use the Wind Bullet to capture enemies and toss them by swinging the Wii Remote.
- Shake the nunchuk to activate a whirlwind that will spin and slow down enemies.
Klonoa, in development for the Wii, will be available in North America ( $39.99) on May 5, 2009, and Europe in 2009.
More articles about Klonoa