A mischievous and unlikely hero, only de Blob can flip, bounce and smash his way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to ignite a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without color. Battle against massive tank battalions, speedy I.N.K.T. racers and elite Inky soldiers on your quest to free the citizens of Chroma City. Avoid hot plates, electric shocks and inky turrets to create your own path to the impenetrable I.N.K.T. Fortress. Just remember that the struggle to reclaim Chroma City is to be fought on your terms. Remix the city in your own image using custom paints, patterns and soundtracks. Super-size your blob to attack larger and stronger enemies. Join the Color Revolutionaries to refine your skills while making a mess. The race to rescue Chroma City has just begun, and only de Blob can save the world from a black-and-white future.
The game was conceived for the PC by a team of nine students studying Game Design & Development at Utrecht University’s School of the Arts in the Netherlands. At the time of conception, sections of Utrecht were being rebuilt and the principal task in creating the game was to convey how the railroad station area of Utrecht would look in 10 years. The city of Utrecht has since adopted the character of de Blob to be its mascot.
Developed for the Wii by THQ’s Australia-based studio, Blue Tongue Entertainment, and Nintendo DS by THQ’s Helixe studio, de Blob’s innovative style features ground and aerial maneuvers and color-spray gameplay that take full advantage of the Wii Remote and DS Stylus. Players will take on the form of de Blob in a bouncing battle to explore, liberate and revitalize Chroma City, which has been drained of all color and life by the evil I.N.K.T. Corporation.
- Urban exploration – control a fun animated Blob to transform an oppressive and hostile city into a vibrant, colorful and happy place.
- Real-time painting of cities
- Players can take photos of their painted city to make “postcards,” which can be saved and shared online.
- A number of unique locations with a different balance of game play puzzles and level objects.
- Compete against others in a range of multiplayer modes in the quest for winning Blob supremacy.
- Simple intuitive controls, which allow a unique use of the Wii controller offering gamers an animated playing experience.
- Flip, bounce and smash your way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to ignite a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without color.
- Free your friends from a black and white world by dodging ink cannons, flattening I.N.K.T. tanks and outsmarting Inky soldiers.
- Remix Chroma City’s towering skyscrapers, expansive bridges and massive landmarks in your own style using custom paints, patterns and soundtracks.
- Super-size your blob as you splash, spray, and splatter everything you touch in sprint, race and combat challenges.
- Recruit the Color Revolutionaries to join the resistance against Comrade Black and his diabolical array of hot plates, electric shocks, and ink turrets.
- Compete to control Chroma City in 4-player split screen and online play in eight specific multiplayer modes.
de Blob, currently in development for the Wii and NDS, is scheduled to spread color and fun to gamers worldwide in September 2008.
More articles about de Blob