Rock Band for Wii will be released as a Special Edition bundle including the software, drums, microphone and a wireless guitar. Stand alone instruments will also be available on June 22nd for people who want to build their band one instrument at a time or want to play the drum versus drum game mode. The game will feature 63 songs including five bonus songs for Wii gamers to enjoy.
Rock Band is an all-new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. The game challenges players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune – all while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals. Featuring the most master recordings of any music game ever by the world’s biggest rock artists, Rock Band includes tracks that span every genre of rock ranging from alternative and classic rock to heavy metal and punk.
- Rock out your way! Players can beat on drums, sing along, groove as a bassist and shred riffs as guitarists (using a licensed replica of the legendary Fender® Stratocaster®) – either in single player career mode leading a band, in multiplayer as part of the band, or against each other.
- Unrivaled song library! Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists – from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, such as:
- Nirvana’s “In Bloom”,
- Metallica’s “Enter Sandman”,
- Queens of the Stone Age’s “Go With The Flow”,
- Foo Figthers’ “Learn to Fly”,
- The Hives’ “Main Offender”,
- Mountain’s “Mississippi Queen”,
- Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid”,
- The Strokes’ “Reptilia”,
- The Ramones’ “Rockaway Beach”,
- Weezer’s “Say It Ain’t So”,
- David Bowie’s “Suffragette City”,
- Rush’s “Tom Sawyer”,
- Stone Temple Pilots’ “Vasoline”,
- Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive”,
- The Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again” –
- AND MORE!
- Includes 5 Bonus Tracks! The massive song list grows even larger, with 5 additional songs for the Wii.
- Wii-styled Drum Set! An entirely new look for Rock Band comes to the Wii in the form of white drums.
- Simultaneous Ship Standalone Hardware! Bring the entire band together with an additional Wireless Guitar or start a head-to-head drum war with another Wii Drum set. Purchase standalone hardware and software to custom tailor your solo experience.
Rock Band, rated “T” for Teen, is currently available on the Xbox 360, PS3, and on the PS2, and will be avaialble for the Wii on June 22, 2008.
More articles about Rock Band