In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed players will assist the iconic villain in his quest to rid the universe of Jedi - and face decisions that could change the course of their destiny.
As its name implies, The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force by taking full advantage of newly developed technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd. Paired with the powerful Havok Physics system, these new technologies create gameplay only possible on the new generation of consoles.
DMM incorporates the physical properties of anything in the environment so that everything reacts exactly like it should - wood breaks like wood, glass shatters like glass, plants on the planet Felucia bend like plants on the planet Felucia would, and more. Meanwhile, as a revolutionary behavioral-simulation engine, euphoria enables interactive characters to move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior on the fly and resulting in a different payoff every single time.
The Wii version will also add an exclusive duel mode in which players can compete head-to-head with their friends to determine the ultimate Jedi Master.
Wii Specific Features :
- Learn the secrets of Darth Vader and his Jedi-hunting Secret Apprentice in an all-new storyline that bridges the gap between the Episode III and IV feature films.
- Hunt down Jedi masters created just for the game and all new enemies, such as the Force-sensitive Felucians and the junkyard droids of Raxus Prime.
- Relive classic Star Wars duels or create your own unique rivalries with the all-new Duel Mode, exclusively for the Wii™ home videogame system from Nintendo. Challenge your friends and experience all the thrill and intensity of The Force Unleashed in unique fighting game-style combat designed for players of all skill levels using a multitude of characters from The Force Unleashed and the rest of the Star Wars universe.
- Tap, touch, and swipe your way through enemies using the Nintendo DS™ stylus and touch-screen to create seamless lightsaber and Force power combos.
- Unleash the Force in five all-new missions not available on next-generation platforms designed to give players added insight into the Secret Apprentice and his dark motives, including an epic battle through the ruined Jedi temple on Coruscant.
- LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Ray and Palace Press.
The Force Unleashed is the first next-generation game developed internally at LucasArts, and will be available on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Krome Studios are creating an equally enthralling version of The Force Unleashed on the Wii, PS2 and PSP, while n-Space, Inc., is developing a version for the NDS. All will feature the same storyline, with opportunities to unleash the Force in devastating new ways.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be released on Sept. 16, 2008 in the United States, Sept. 17 in Southeast Asia and Australia, and Sept. 19 in Europe.
More articles about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed