The legend continues in the second installment of The Legend of Spyro trilogy with the Ape King arriving at the Temple of Souls in an effort to usher in a new age of darkness. As Spyro, players must unlock the secrets behind a series of strange visions that he is having and find the power to defeat this terrifying new force.
Returning to provide voices for The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night are leading Hollywood actors Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy) as Spyro and Gary Oldman (Sirius Black from the Harry Potter films) as Ignitus, the Fire Dragon Elder and Spyro’s mentor.
- New Attacks & Enemies:
- 4 new breath attacks (1 per element, each upgradeable 3 times)
- 4 all new elemental melee moves and aerial melee combat
- 4 new fury attacks
- New epic boss battles
- Dragon Time: Spyro can now literally bend time to his will! Engage “Dragon Time” to dodge attacks, out-maneuver enemies or solve tricky time-based environmental puzzles. “Dragon Time” introduces an entirely new dynamic to the action!
- The Legend Continues: In the second installment of the epic Legend of Spyro trilogy, the Ape King arrives at the Temple of Souls in effort to resurrect the Dark Master and usher in a new age of darkness. Spyro must unlock the secrets behind a series of strange visions that he is having and find the power to defeat this terrifying new force.
- Explore your World: The Eternal Night features an added degree of exploration and puzzle solving – challenging Spyro to use his new powers not just to blast through enemies, but also to uncover secrets and navigate through challenging environments.
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night will also expand Spyro’s combat arsenal by adding “Dragon Time,” a new advanced move that allows Spyro to bend time to his will. Players will be able to engage Dragon Time to dodge attacks, out-maneuver enemies or solve tricky time-based environmental puzzles.
Developed by developers Krome Studios (PS2/Wii) and Amaze Entertainment (NDS/GBA), The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night is scheduled to be released in October 2007.
The Legend continues in the second installment of the trilogy, in which Spyro must continue to uncover the immense power within himself and prevent the release of an untold evil. Embark on a treacherous, combat-driven quest as Spyro unleashes devastating fury attacks, upgradeable breaths and ground-to-air melee combos in a frenzied battle with hordes of menacing enemies and bone-chilling bosses. Explore immense puzzle-filled environments as you seek to unlock the ancient prophesy and unleash the True Dragon within!
More articles about The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night