Developed by Massive Entertainment, in conjunction with Swordfish Studios, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault brings the groundbreaking action-strategy gameplay World in Conflict to the console audience with all new single-player and multiplayer content, innovative new features, and a completely re-invented design that maximizes the proven gameplay for the console experience.
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault is a true genre-bender – merging elements of strategy, firstperson- shooter and action games – that effectively carves out a new “Action-Strategy” genre in gaming – a genre that has proven to appeal to all kinds of video game players, from action junkies to first-person-shooter enthusiasts to strategy purists.
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault contains all of the award-winning content from 2007’s World in Conflict PC game, as well as all new single-player and multiplayer action.
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault has been reinvented with innovative new features, content and controls – all designed with the console gamer in mind. The game is optimized with streamlined interfaces and commands to maximize the gameplay on both the Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters -- as well as nuclear weapons -- from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
- The game’s unique design removes base-building, resource gathering and “tech trees” in favor of fast, hard-hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions – much like an FPS – creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault’s awardwinning multiplayer modes will support head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Tug-of-War and Assault in matches as large as 5-versus-5 players
- Players will play as Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, and allows for free 3D camera control.
- As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as every object – houses, trees and more -- crumbles under the force of war.
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault’s design, control scheme and free 3D camera make its action-strategy gameplay accessible to traditional strategy fans as well as fans of other genres, like action and FPS, who are looking for something new.
Street Date: Fall 2008
More articles about World in Conflict: Soviet Assault