Complete with unlockable versions of the original localized PC Engine version of Rondo of Blood and the classic Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles sets a new standard for side scrolling action on the PSP system.
Taking place in 1792, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles follows Richter Belmont as he battles to return Dracula to the oblivion from which he came. Having seen his beloved Annette kidnapped by Dracula, Richter must wield the legendary Vampire Killer whip and fight through the corrupted countryside to Dracula’s Castle to stop this horrific scenario from destroying humanity.
Redefining one of the most important action video games of all time, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles brings the PC Engine classic Castlevania: Rondo of Blood to life on the PSP system with all-new 3D graphics while retaining its original side scrolling gameplay. Players can battle through the game’s more than 10 stages as either Richter or Maria, each with their own unique skills and battle abilities. In addition to new 3D graphics, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles will feature new character designs by renowned Castlevania visualist Ayumi Kojima. The game will also introduce a new sound collection system that will let players find songs from both Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night and create their own customs soundtracks as they play.
- The classic action game Castlevania: Rondo of Blood re-imagined for the PSP system with 3D graphics, enhanced gameplay and new music
- Includes unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night games, optimized for the PSP system
- Old-school side scrolling action through more than 10 gothic stages and additional hidden areas
- New song collection system adds additional depth to classic gameplay
- Complete special event to unlock an additional playable character
- Return to previously completed levels to explore over and over
Enhancing Rondo of Blood with additional replay value, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles lets players return to stages they have previously completed to compete for high scores or rare items. Players can also unlock the original version of Rondo of Blood, localized in English for the first time as well as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, widely regarded as one of the most groundbreaking video games of all-time.
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles will launch for the PSP system in 2007.
More articles about Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles