Flight Simulator X is the culmination of nearly 25 years of the landmark Flight Simulator franchise and the most significant addition to date. Flight Simulator X will be fully optimized for Windows Vista. Flight Simulator X will set the standard for technological innovation, incredible graphics and realism for the genre. Flight Simulator X will also present players with a wide array of new aircraft to fly in a beautifully rich and believable world which will contain greater detail than past entries in the franchise. Players will be able to experience what it is like to be a pilot and have real distractions, to shade their eyes from the glare of reflective paint and the glint from glass and chrome. Players will enjoy the opportunity to fly their dream aircraft, from classic seaplanes like the de Havilland Beaver and Grumman Goose to the Cessna 172 there is a plane for every terrain and every player.
Flight Simulator X will also enable players to enjoy a connected world through an improved online experience. With more than 24,000 airports located on every continent, players will be able to explore their home town or a favorite far off city.
- Living World. Flight Simulator X offers players a rich and innovative gaming experience with new technological advancements, incredible graphics and added realism, including weather, time of day and seasons. Pilots can watch moving cars and detailed buildings in cities below, traffic on highways, indigenous houses, farmland and livestock, and wildlife in their natural habitats. Also, as an additional function only for the Japanese version, we have recorded the original voices of actual people in the airline industry, including active pilots and retired air traffic controllers. Gamers’ dreams come true by flying a variety of planes, taking off and landing on runways with the guide of those authentic voices!
- Mission-based game play. With the addition of new mission-based game play, players will have a specific purpose, such as competing in the Red Bull race or bringing relief supplies to the Congo. With more than 50 new missions to choose from, aviators can build their skill levels and engage in even more stimulating game play than before.
- New aircrafts. Flight Simulator X will provide pilots with the ability to fly the aircraft of their dreams, from the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver floatplane to the tricycle typed AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheels and skis. Players will be amazed at the details, such as shaded rivets, reflective paint, and glint from glass and chrome.
- Shared skies. Through increased online game play capabilities, Flight Simulator X offers players a connected world where they can choose who they want to be, from air-traffic controllers to pilots or co-pilots, as they interact with other aviators from around the globe by chatting in real time via headset and keyboard.
- Interactive airports. More than 24,000 airports feature artificial intelligence-controlled jet ways, fuel trucks and moving baggage carts, allowing players to explore their hometown or venture to a favorite far-off city.
More articles about Flight Simulator X