The release dates for the anticipated Silent Hill series have changed - allowing for a few more peaceful nights of rest before the sleepless nights of fright and fear begin!
Top Games of 2014
Page 1 of 5
In Choplifter HD, players take on the role of an up and coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team C.H.O.P.R. (Coordinated Helicopter Operations, Preservation and Rescue).
Konami announced a limited-time sweepstakes & contest to reward and recognize Konami Facebook fans, with prizes ranging from four iPad 2 tablets bundled with KONAMI games, seven consoles bundled with the KONAMI game of your choice, to a grand prize VIP trip as KONAMI's guest to the annual E3 in L.A. (June 7, to June 9, 2011).
Konami announced that both DanceEvolution and CrossBoard 7 will be released alongside Microsoft's Xbox 360 motion-sensor technology on Kinect, at launch on November 10th, while Hudson Soft's Sports Island Freedom title will follow two weeks later.
Def Jam Rapstar delivers players a hip-hop experience that allows them to take on the role of a rapstar so you can rhyme and sing along with the greatest hip-hop tracks. But the game also offers opportunities where it’s also about creating all new rhymes, sharing your creativity and expressing yourself to the wider community and the world.
by Rainier on Sept. 14, 2009 @ 12:00 a.m. PDT | Filed under Tokyo Game Show - Tokyo Game Show 2009
Konami announced its partial line-up of titles it will be showing off at Tokyo Game Show 2009 (Sept. 24 - 27), such as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Winning Eleven 2010 and Winning Eleven Play Maker 2010, but also five yet unknown titles, possibly the new Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Metal Gear Solid Rising, but also a few yet to be announced titles.
Set amid a dramatic, epic backdrop of a warring world, Ninety-Nine Nights II blends strategy and action, allowing players to take control of massive armies to defeat thousands of enemies in massive-scaled battles never before seen. At the Xbox 360 Media Briefing 2009 in Tokyo, Japan, it was revealed that 99 Nights II is now being published by Konami.
by Rainier on July 27, 2009 @ 6:11 a.m. PDT | Filed under GamesCom - GamesCom 2009
Konami will premiere a wave of new titles (Castlevania, MGS, Pro Evolution Soccer, Silent Hill) at the gamescom event in Cologne, with key development talent (Hideo Kojima, Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka) on hand to present and answer questions on their work.
by Erik "NekoIncardine" Ottosen on June 4, 2009 @ 5:02 a.m. PDT | Filed under E3 - Pre - E3 2009
Not only did Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have E3 briefings, but Konami had also organized one, albeit with less fanfare. This year, it touted "revolutionary" announcements, and while a new Castlevania was unveiled, the Saw voice actor revealed, and it was clarified that MGS: Rising is also coming to PS3/PC, there wasn't really anything otherworldly.
Six Days in Fallujah is a 3rd person shooter experience that puts the player in the center of the largest urban military operation in four decades. Six Days in Fallujah combines the action of a military shooter with the realism of a documentary film to create a new kind of experience that is both historical and engaging. After Konami Europe already indicated it would probably not publish the game, Japanese magazine The Asahi Shimbun reveals that Konami has dropped the title from its lineup after it received severe criticism from various directions.
by Rainier on April 13, 2009 @ 4:59 p.m. PDT | Filed under Konami Gamers' Day - Konami Gamers' Night 2009
Check out the following new screens from Konami's Gamers Night 2009:
- 'Saw' (PS3/X360/PC) Announced - Facts, Features & Screens
- 'Zombie Apocalypse' (PSN/XBLA) Announced - Facts, Features & Screens
- 'Silent Hill: Shattered Memories' (PSP/PS2/Wii) - New Screens
- 'Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment' (PSN/XBLA) Announced - Screens
- 'Six Days in Fallujah' (PS3/X360/PC) - New Screens
- 'Puzzle Chronicles' (NDS/PSP/PSN/XBLA/PC) Announced - Facts, Features & Screens
- 'Deca Sports 2' (Wii) Officially Announced - New Screens
- 'Help Wanted' (Wii) - New Screens & Trailer
- 'Miami Law' (NDS) - New Screens & Trailer
- 'Ant Nation' (NDS/Wii) Announced - Screens
- 'WireWay' (NDS) Announced - Screens
- 'Suikoden: Tierkreis' (NDS) - New Screens
- 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2009' (Wii) - New Screens
- 'Karaoke Revolution' (Wii/PS3/X360) Announced - Facts, Features & Screens
- 'Gradius ReBirth' (Wii) - Screens & Trailer
- 'Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Stardust Accelerator – World Championship 2009' (NDS) - New Screens
- 'Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers' (Wii) - New Screens
- 'Magician's Quest Mysterious Times' (NDS) - New Screens
Konami has entered into an licensing agreement with Giochi Preziosi and Marathon Media to develop and publish video games based on the Gormiti action figure franchise. Gormiti is the story of the never ending battle on the ‘Island of Gorm’ between vast armies inspired by the elemental forces of nature.
Konami announced a collection of double-packs for PSP featuring pairings of its biggest titles for the format. The new compilations retain their original packaging, but are twinned in a special slip cases, starting with Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops with Silent Hill Origins, and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops alongside Coded Arms.
The last we heard from SAW was shortly after Brash Entertainment's demise, as it was being shopped around to other publishers. Using the Unreal Engine 3, Saw is being developed with the creators of the SAW movies, Leigh Whannell & James Wan, and according to Variety, it's now being picked up by Konami. Familiar with the genre through its Silent Hill franchise, Konami is said to have picked up the project after the right reverted to Lionsgate. Still being developed by Zombie Studios, the source claims the game is now also coming to PC.
Konami has just launched a new teaser site featuring a cryptic logo accompanied by nothing else but 'A Next Metal Gear' tagline. While it seems to be a clear indication of an Xbox 360 power button, it should be noted that circle with the upside down "i" is a universal symbol for power, so it does not necessarily point toward the much-rumored, and denied, X360 version of MGS 5. Back in October, a Konami PR person stated it was actively "investigating" releasing a version on Microsoft's latest console, a comment that was later removed from the original article.
Check out the following new screens & trailers from Konami's Games Convention 2008 lineup:
- 'Bomberman 2' (NDS) - 21 New Screens
- 'Castlevania Judgment' (Wii) - 11 New Screens
- 'Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia' (NDS) - 10 New Screens
- 'Dancing Stage Supernova 2' (PS2) - 15 New Screens
- 'Dancing Stage Universe 2' (X360) - 22 New Screens
- 'Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero' (NDS) - 5 New Screens
- 'Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry' (NDS) - Screens & Trailer
- 'Hellboy: The Science of Evil' (PSP/PS3/X360) - New Screens
- 'Kororinpa 2' (Wii) - 9 New Screens
- 'Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!' (Wii) - 10 New Screens
- 'Lost in Blue 3' (NDS) - 7 New Screens
- 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2009' (ALL) - 16 New Screens
- 'Silent Hill: Homecoming' (PS3/X360) - 23 New Screens & Trailer
- 'Time Hollow' (NDS) - 18 New Screens
Konami announced the titles it will be present at the 2008 Leipzig Games Convention in Germany next week. Konami will use the five-day event to showcase a number of new titles, including PES 2009, Silent Hill Homecoming and a massive area dedicated to the ever-popular DancingStage franchise, as well as a selection of new, unannounced titles for the first time.
Konami released its Q1 2009 financial results for the April-June quarter, revealing revenue went up 17% compared to the same period last year, while income jumped 65% dominated by the June 12 release of Metal Gear Solid 4, which has 3 million copies in two weeks. Kojima Productions' stealth action shooter boosted Konami's PS3 numbers from 1.3% last year to 57% this quarter, NDS, PS2 and PSP revenue dropped while Wii and X360 increased.
Last week Konami released the Gene Expansion pack for Metal Gear Online adding new maps, characters and a game mode to the existing game. Apparently the content was quite popular as it brought Konami's download server to its knees and has since been causing outages to the game, its online store and the brand new Reward Shop, allowing gamers to buy new gear with accumulated reward points, which has now been closed. Konami issued a statement that it is aware of the problem but unfortunately has no permanent solutions for the interruptions.
Check out the following new screens and trailers from Konami's E3 2008 lineup:
- Castlevania Judgment (Wii) - 14 New Screens
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS) - 16 New Screens
- DanceDanceRevolution X (PS2) - 21 New Screens
- DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2 (Wii) - 19 New Screens
- DDR Universe 3 (X360) - 11 New Screens
- Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero (NDS) - 5 New Screens
- Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 (ALL) - 42 New Screens
- Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked! (Wii) - 10 New Screens
- Metal Gear Online (PS3) Gene Expansion Maps - 25 New Screens
- New International Track & Field (NDS) - 18 New Screens
- Rock Revolution (ALL) - 50 New Screens
- Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3/X360) - 10 New Screens
- Time Hollow (NDS) - 14 New Screens
Konami unveiled the games that it's featuring at the E3 Media & Business Summit at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The list includes Castlevania, DDR, Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked, Rock Revolution, Silent Hill: Homecoming, and plenty more.
DDR creator Konami has filed a lawsuit with District Court for the Eastern District of Texas against Viacom, parent company of Rock Band developer Harmonix, citing the game violates three patents filed in 2002 and 2003. Konami, who will release its own Rock Revolution later this year, is seeking monetary compensation and an order that would block defendant from using the cited peripherals.
by Rainier on May 15, 2008 @ 12:47 p.m. PDT | Filed under Konami Gamers' Day - Konami Gamers' Night 2008
Check out the following new screens and trailers from Konami's 2008 Gamers Night lineup:
- 'Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia' (NDS) Announced - Screens
- 'Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!' (Wii) Announced - Screens
- 'Silent Hill: Homecoming' (PS3/X360) - 14 New Screens
- 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots' (PS3) Bundle Confirmed for North America
- 'Rock Revolution' (NDS/Wii/PS3/X360) Announced - Facts, Features, Screens & Trailer
- 'Hellboy: The Science of Evil' (PSP/PS3/X360) - 8 New Screens & Trailer
- 'New International Track & Field' (NDS) - 12 New Screens & Trailer
- 'DanceDanceRevolution X' (PS2) Announced - Screens & Trailer
- 'Metal Gear Online (PS3) - 13 New Screens
- 'Critter Round-Up' (Wii) - 30 New Screens
- 'DDR Universe 3' (X360) Announced - Facts, Features, Screens & Trailer
- 'DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2' (Wii) Announced - Screens & Trailer
- 'Lost in Blue 3' (NDS) - 7 New Screens
Critter Round-Up, known in Japan as Saku Saku Animal Panic, is a puzzle game for up to four players. Players are challenged with building fences to separate different critter species into their own area, while avoiding predators and other mischievous animals attempting to stop you from rounding them up.
While there is a total lack of any details, Mercury Steam, known for Codemasters' Jericho and 2005's Scrapland, revealed that is it working on a new title for Konami. Scheduled for release late 2009, early 2010, it will appear on PS3 and X360.
Page 1 of 5