A multiplayer mode allows up to 4-players to go to the net on courts made of grass, clay, concrete, and more! The next Grand Slam is in your hands -- "VIRTUA TENNIS for Game Boy Advance is the perfectly portable follow-up to the Dreamcast and arcade smash hits," said Alison Locke, executive vice president, North American Publishing, THQ. "Fans of the original versions will flock to Center Court for a chance to challenge Venus and Serena Williams anytime, anywhere."
"Working with THQ, the leading independent publisher in handheld gaming, SEGA is expanding our roster of games across all genres for the Game Boy Advance platform," said Charles Bellfield, vice president of strategic planning and corporate affairs, SEGA of America, Inc. "The fast, pick-up and play gameplay of VIRTUA TENNIS' makes it the perfect addition to the SEGA/THQ line-up on Game Boy Advance."
About Venus and Serena Williams
Ranked #1 and #2 in the world, Venus and Serena are tops in their game and among the most recognizable female athletes in the world.
About VIRTUA TENNIS
- Compete in Tournaments for the #1 ranking in the World Tour Mode or play as Venus or Serena Williams in a quick arcade style Tournament mode.
- Challenge your friends in 2-4 player Exhibition mode.
- Select from 16 male and female players, each with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Create a character and improve your skills by completing 8 different mini-game challenges with three new original mini-games only found on the Game Boy Advance version of VIRTUA TENNIS.
- Play on hard court, clay court, grass court, and carpet -- each surface responds differently.