Richard Arnesen, Director of Covert Operations for Shrapnel Games, said, "Breakaway is a leader in the development of award winning war and strategy game titles. Members of their staff have contributed to some of the greatest wargames of all time, and they continue to move the genre forward with each release. Austerlitz: Napleon's Greatest Victory is just another example of this commitment to excellence. In the coming months we will release more info about the upcoming The Greatest Battles Series, which will fill the void for first-rate grand battle wargames that is currently missing in the genre today. Both Shrapnel and Breakaway are committed to bringing the best in wargaming to our fans. We are anxious to get started!"
Tim Brooks, President of Shrapnel Games, added, "We are truly excited to have Breakaway on board. This is the first major development house to say that there is more money to be made in internet-only sales than in the retail market. We are looking forward to a long and profitable relationship with Breakaway."
Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory is the latest in the line of computer wargames based on the award winning Sid Meiers' "Gettysburg" engine. We were fortunate to have this great base to work with and we've added significantly to it. Listed below are just some of the improvements that have been added to the newest game in The Greatest Battles Series.
* Three completely new armies: French, Russian, and Austrian
* Exhaustively researched historical data and army Order of Battles
* Over 25 "historical" and "speculative" scenarios
* Design your own "random" battles
* Use the "Randomizer" to generate battles automatically (useful for Multiplay games)
* Historical landmarks featuring the Pratzen Heights, the Pheasantry, and Sokolnitz castle
* Improved solider animation
* Multiplayer allows up to 8 players over LAN or Internet
* Artwork of famed Napoleonic artist Keith Rocco
* New command and control system
* Displaying battlefield conditions (i.e. fog and time of day)
Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory is expected to go Gold on June 04, 2002. A demo is available for download on Shrapnel Games website. The retail price will be $44.95, but those that pre-order the game before June 15, 2002 will save $5.00 off the retail price.