The game takes place around the Stadium Course at the Players Championship held at Sawgrass, Florida - 18 holes of sublime pitching, putting, chipping, lobbing, hooking and slicing on one of the world's greatest venues. Whether it's polishing off the long par 5's, beating your fellow pros on the back nine or taking on the knee-trembling water challenge and finding a birdie at the 17th - considered by the pros as the scariest hole on Tour - EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf lets players sample some of the pressure Tiger Woods himself has to face every tournament.
The game also allows players to slip into the golf shoes of one of 12 top PGA TOUR professionals - including the inimitable Tiger Woods. Each golfer has been modelled on its real-life counterpart, and features varying stats to suit every style of play. Once the clubs have been selected, it's off to the first tee, where the game really enters its own.
A vast range of shots is possible thanks to the game's sublime control system. It's intuitive enough for newcomers to hack and slice their way around the course yet flexible enough to encourage imaginative and Championship-winning play. This, combined with the game's real-time weather conditions makes for a hugely realistic and challenging round of golf from arguably the best ever-portable golfing sim.
EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf, distributed by Digital Worldwide, uses an advanced rendering engine to portray the stunning visuals. Each hole is beautifully recreated to offer the very same challenges professional golfers face - complete with water-hazards, bunkers and out-of-bounds areas.
A variety of multiplayer options are available - either turn-based on one Game Boy Advance or by linking up four together. Play full rounds or compete in the super-tense 'Shootout' over random holes - the choice is yours.
EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf is a technical triumph, squeezing an accurately mapped Championship 18 hole course onto one compact Game Boy Advance cartridge.
It's the closest you'll get to being there, without flying to Florida. The beauty of this handheld version, of course, is that you could - technically - play a virtual round whilst doing the real thing. Imagine the irony…
- Real PGA TOUR Golfers. Play as either Tiger Woods or one of eleven of the world's best PGA TOUR professionals.
- Authentic PGA TOUR Championship Course. Play on a fully realised version of the Stadium Course at TPC at Sawgrass™ in Florida.
- Awesome Graphics. Unique rendering engine provides ultra high quality visuals like no other, creating detailed realistic images and smooth swing action
- Real-time weather. Dynamic weather conditions that affect the way you play.
- Advanced ball physics. Realistic ball physics provide an unparalleled portable golfing experience.
- Compete with up to four friends. Up to four players can play on one Game Boy Advance, or four Game Boy Advance consoles via link-up.
- Save Game. The automatic game save on the internal battery enables you to save your progress.
EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf, distributed in the UK by Digital Worldwide, is being developed by UK-based Rebellion, the team behind a string of best-selling Game Boy Advance titles. It will be launched in the UK in June 2002, by Digital Worldwide, price £34.99.