- Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf is an add-on for Battle Realms featuring extra missions, weapons and controllable characters.
- The product contains the original Battle Realms game PLUS 12 new missions, all-new Winter of the Wolf units and Zen Masters, and brand new gameplay modes.
- Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf will be available at an SRP of $29.99, and will come with a $10 rebate available for owners of the original Battle Realms.
Can the Wolf Clan escape the Lotus Clan's brutal shale mines?
Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf takes place seven years prior to the events in Battle Realms. The Wolf Clan has suffered under the lash of its Lotus slave masters for three decades, toiling endlessly in the brutal depths of the shale mines. As Grayback, new chieftain of the Wolf Clan, players must unite the scattered Wolves and win their freedom from tyranny. At their disposal are slaves wielding shale-breaking sledgehammers strong enough to shatter iron; hurling burning pitch to sear the flesh from their enemies' bones; even brawling two-fisted with massive slabs of stone. Grayback must use his knowledge of the mines to defeat superior forces, rediscover the powers of the lost Druidesses and convince his fellow slaves to risk everything for their chance at freedom.
- Eight new expansion units and four new Zen Masters bring expanded strategic options to each clan.
- An epic storyline provides continuity and depth to the Battle Realms universe, with a historic tale of the Wolf Clan's struggle for independence.
- Classic Wolf Clan weapons gain extra functionality as puzzle-solving elements, becoming useful for breaking chains, smashing stone blockades, or burning away explosive gas.
- A winter setting offers new opportunities to enrich the "living world" with details like slowed rice growth, steamy breath, and footprints left in snow.
- Improved interface functionality streamlines combat control and unit management.
- Continued high-quality gameplay, presentation and innovation in the popular RTS genre.
- Improved multiplayer interface for easy matchmaking. Up to 8 players over the Internet or LAN.