1. Minimum and Recommended System requirements:
DirectX 9.0a required (included on the disc)
Minimum System Requirements:
Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 700MHz computer or equivalent.
128 MB RAM.
32MB graphics card that supports Transform and Lighting, eg GeForce 1,
ATI Radeon 7500 or better.
DirectX 9.0 and a compatible driver.
1.5GB free hard disk space.
Windows compatible sound card.
Windows compatible keyboard and mouse.
Recommended System Requirements:
For optimal performance, play on a PC that meets or exceeds the following specifications:
1.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent.
256 MB RAM.
64MB video card GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500 or equivalent that supports Transform and Lighting.
2. Default Controls:
Walk Forward - W
Backpedal - S
Strafe Left - A
Strafe Right - D
Jump - Space
Crouch - Shift
Fire - Mouse 1
Melee - Mouse 2
Zoom - Mouse 3
Previous Ammo Type - Mouse Wheel Up
Next Ammo Type - Mouse Wheel Down
Primary Weapon - 1
Secondary Weapon - 2
Reload - R
Stumm Gas Grenade - Q
Drop Weapon - G
Challenge - E
Action - F
Objectives/Scores - Tab
Pause/Menu - Esc
Talk (Broadcast) - T
Team Talk - Y
Tell (Individual) - U
Controls can be adjusted using the in-game Options Menu.
Video Resolution can be adjusted using the in-game Options Menu.
The longer you hold the 'Q' button pressed, the further you will throw your grenade.
If a player's name has a space in it, such as Judge Dredd, you will need to add
quotation marks around the name when talking to them eg Tell "Judge Dredd".
Begin by inserting Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death CD Disk 1 into your CD-ROM drive and wait a few moments until the Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death title screen appears.
If the title screen does not appear, open My Computer from your Windows Desktop and double-click on the CD-ROM drive showing the Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death icon. Double-click on the setup program icon to start installing the program.
Once the setup program has started, a series of on-screen instructions will guide you through the rest of the installation procedure. To play the game, Disk 1 must be in your CD-ROM drive.
4. Console Commands:
The Command Console can be enabled by pressing the Console Key (the Default is the "¬" or "~" key, usually below Esc).
Clear - Clears the console history.
Help - Displays help on how to use the console (you can also use '?').
ListCmds - Lists all the commands available at the console.
ListVars - Lists all the variables available at the console.
Quit - Exits the game and returns to desktop.
ListMaps - Shows all the maps available for the current game.
Talk - Broadcasts a message to all players.
Tell - Sends a private message to a specific player.
TimeLeft - Shows the time remaining in the current multiplayer game.
InvertMouse - Toggles the invertion of the vertical axis for mouse control (default is off).
KillSelf - Kills your player (or removes one medpack if you have one).
Name - Changes your multiplayer name.
Team - Changes your multiplayer team.
TeamTalk - Sends a message to all members of your own team.
VotePlayer - Starts a new kick player vote or adds your own vote to an existing one.
VoteMap - Starts a new change map vote or adds your own vote to an existing one.
RemoteCmd - Executes a console command on the server, provided you have set con_szRemoteCommandPassword.
Map - Changes the map.
PrintFPS - Shows the current frames per second of the server.
RemovePlayer - Kicks a player from the game.
cl_bAutoReload - Setting this to false means you won't automatically reload when you run out of ammo or try to fire an ammo type that you don't have enough ammo for (default: true).
cl_bShowFPS - Setting this to true displays the current framerate on screen (default: false).
cl_bShowNetStats - Setting this to true displays the current latency, and upstream and downstream rates.
hudalpha - Sets the alpha value for the HUD.
hudcolour - Sets the colour of the HUD.
con_szRemoteCommandPassword - Allows you to trigger remote commands on the server from a client machine when it matches the server password.
mp_iTimeLimit - Time limit on each multiplayer game in minutes.
You need to turn on mp_bFlagTimeLimit below for this to take effect.
mp_iPointsLimit - Points limit on each multiplayer game. The game will end when either this or the time limit is reached. A value of 0 implies no score limit.
mp_iCreditLimit - Number of credits required to win a 'thief' game.
mp_iMaxHealthPacks - Maximum number of med packs a player can carry.
mp_iNumHealthPacks - Number of med packs each player starts with.
mp_iLifeLimit - Number of respawns allowed before player is eliminated. You need to turn on mp_bFlagLifeLimit below for this to take
effect. See also mp_bFlagTeamLifeLimit.
mp_iUmptyDelay - Time before umpty respawns, in seconds. You need to turn on mp_bFlagUmptyActive below for this to take effect.
mp_bFlagFriendlyFire - Whether or not your attacks can damage your teammates. Only relevant if mp_bFlagTeamGame is on.
mp_bFlagLastManWins - Whether the game ends when all but one player have been eliminated. You need to set a life limit (see mp_iLifeLimit above).
mp_bFlagLifeLimit - Only allow a specific number of respawns per player / team. See mp_iLifeLimit above and mp_bFlagTeamLifeLimit below.
mp_bFlagMustBeTaggedPlayer - Whether there must always be a tagged player in this game type.
mp_bFlagNoRespawnDelay - Players respawn immediately after they die.
mp_bFlagOneShotKill - A single successful attack will kill an opponent.
mp_bFlagOnlyAssociatedCanTag - Only the team associated with this tagpoint can activate it.
mp_bFlagOnlyTagTeamOne - Only players on team one can be tagged.
mp_bFlagRandomPickups - Random equipment appears at pickup spawners.
mp_bFlagResetTagOnTrigger - Tagpoints revert to their initial state once activated.
mp_bFlagScoreOnlyIfTagged - Only tagged players can score points.
mp_bFlagShowPlayerNames - Player names are displayed when one client looks (directly) at another.
mp_bFlagShowTimer - Displays how much time is left on each client's screen. Only relevant if mp_bFlagTimeLimit is on.
mp_bFlagShowWaypoints - Master flag for mp_bFlagWaypointTaggedPlayer,
mp_bFlagWaypointTagpoint and mp_bFlagWaypointUmpty.
mp_bFlagStartWithGun - Players start with a gun.
mp_bFlagStealHealth - You receive health as you damage other players.
mp_bFlagTagGame - This game type involves tagged players who have slightly different attributes depending on other rules.
mp_bFlagTagPointActive - The game type involves tagpoints which can be activated.
mp_bFlagTagsStartAssociated - Tagpoints begin the game owned by a team.
mp_bFlagTeamGame - Players are divided into teams.
mp_bFlagTeamLifeLimit - Respawn limit is shared between entire team. Only relevant if mp_bFlagTeamGame is on.
mp_bFlagTimeLimit - Game ends after a specific length of time. See mp_iTimeLimit above.
mp_bFlagTimerActive - Whether the countdown timer starts immediately the game begins. Only relevant if mp_bFlagTimeLimit is on.
mp_bFlagUmptyActive - The game type involves capturing an umpty and returning it to your team's tagpoint
mp_bFlagUseCredits - Players have a credit each time they spawn.
Reaching the limit specified by mp_iCreditLimit will win the game.
mp_bFlagUseOtherTeamSpawns - Each team uses spawn points belonging to the other team.
mp_bFlagUseOwnTeamSpawns - Each team uses spawn points belonging to their own team. Not valid if mp_bFlagUseOtherTeamSpawns is on.
mp_bFlagUseSpecialSkins - The game type specifies skin types for teams or tagged players. These are used instead of the player's skin choice.
mp_bFlagWaypointTaggedPlayer - Display a waypoint to the tagged player. Only relevant if mp_bFlagTagGame is on. You also need to turn mp_bFlagShowWaypoints on.
mp_bFlagWaypointTagpoint - Display waypoints to the tagpoints. Only relevant if mp_bFlagTagGame is on. You also need to turn mp_bFlagShowWaypoints
mp_bFlagWaypointTeam - Display a coloured marker above players' heads to show which team they are on. Only valid if mp_bFlagTeamGame is on.
mp_bFlagWaypointUmpty - Display a waypoint to the umpty. Only relevant if mp_bFlagUmptyActive is on. You also need to turn mp_bFlagShowWaypoints on.
New Commands in Version 1.01
RotateMap - starts the next map in rotation, or if no map rotation is active, restarts the current map
mp_iCreditHealthBonus - Health given to player when they pick up a credit. Can range from -100 (need a medpack to pickup credits) to +100 (regain full health on pickup).
mp_iWeaponRespawnDelay - Time between pickup spawners spawning weapons. Default is zero (use the time set in the individual spawners)
mp_iLimitMultiplier - Set score / credit limits as a multiple of the number of players connected. If 0, uses the limit set by mp_iPointsLimit or mp_iCreditLimit
mp_fCreditPoolMultiplier - limits the total number of credits created in a game to the credit limit multiplied by the value of this variable. e.g. if it is set to 1.5 and you need 10 credits to win, after 15 credits exist in the game players will respawn without any credits until the total number of credits drops below 15 again. Default value is 1.5.
5. Version Updates:
- Added 3rd person muzzle flash effect for lawrod.
- Added Message of the Day facility for servers (displays contents of file "conf/motd.txt", if it exists).
- Added code to disconnect players who are running old or hacked maps.
- Added mirror world option for game servers.
- Added option to change pickup respawn time.
- Added option to timeout weapons with no ammo.
- Added options to set score limits based on number of players connected.
- Added rotatemap console command.
- Added text on disconnected screen to explain the reason, e.g. whether you were voted off, the server quit or whatever.
- Can only send one talk message every 5 seconds to prevent spamming.
- Changed melee attack to make it more effective, and removed extra damage caused by player's velocity.
- Ensure kill messages are always seen by the killer and the victim on lossy networks.
- Improved display of waypoints attached to players in the gametypes what use them.
- Improved network bandwidth usage.
- Improved security of password-protected servers.
- Increased fire damage.
- Increased incendiary bullet damage.
- Increased limit on length of player names to 31 characters.
- Increased number of names visible on scoreboard to 16.
- Increased scrolling speed in menus.
- Prevent more than one team change per round.
- Removed "player disconnected" messages when map changes.
- Removed screen which required confirmation of map change by clients.
- Removed team change messages when starting map.
- Respawn players when they change team.
- Elimination gametype: Added spectator camera
- Elimination gametype: added pre-game phase (default 30 seconds) during which players are allowed to join the game. Players are not able to kill anyone during this phase. After this time, any players joining the game will be spectators.
- Elimination gametype: fixed problem when only 2 players are left and one is kicked.
- Elimination gametype: fixed incorrect display of winner (should now display last player alive instead of player with most kills)
- Thief gametype: added option to set maximum number of credits in existence (credit pool). Default value is 1.5 * target score.
- Thief gametype: increased spread of dropped credits.
- Thief gametype: added option for each credit picked up to give a health bonus.
- Bounty Hunted and Runner gametypes: added option to give player a medpack when he becomes runner or bounty hunted.
- Bounty Hunted and Runner gametypes: player has health and armour restored when he becomes runner or bounty hunted.
- Runner gametype: Added scorelimit option.
- Runner gametype: runner gets a point for killing other players, and they get a point for killing the runner.
- Vampire gametype: Doubled vampire health loss.
- Fixed ListPlayers command on clients.
- Fixed friendly fire code so you can't hurt your teammates with explosives or fire unless friendly fire is on.
- Fixed jerky player movement on client when crouched and after taking falling damage.
- Fixed jerky player movement on client when jumping against things and when moving in tight spaces.
- Fixed music not always playing on client.
- Fixed players being able to uncrouch into environment on client.
- Fixed problem that prevented players from voting more than once.
- Fixed problem when server changed map but a client hadn't entered the previous one yet.
- Fixed problem where "press action to swap weapon" appeared even if you weren't allowed to pick it up, e.g. in Judges vs Perps
- Fixed problem where player would be nearly dead but could not move around.
- Fixed problem with weapon swapping.
- Fixed problem where score limits were not reset after changing game type.
- Fixed rare glitch when picking up weapons.
- Fixed rare problem when names would not appear in scoreboard.
- Fixed rare problem where Dredd would start without gun in bounty hunted.
- Fixed rare problem where health packs were not used.
- Fixed rare problem where players would teleport to an old position after respawn.
- Fixed team-lives problem in botmatch games.
- Fixed various problems in LAN co-op.
- Fixed wrong gametype sometimes being displayed on loading screen.
- Prevent LAN servers running a different game version from being displayed.
- Prevent text typed in console from appearing in chat prompt underneath.
- Prevented players from voting against the player on the server.
- Prevented players from voting themselves off.