"Now that Conflict: Desert Storm will be available on the GameCube, Nintendo fans can experience one of the most talked-about military titles on the market," said Jamie Leece, President of Gotham Games. "GameCube owners can do their part to take down Saddam’s regime as they easily control a four-man squad of elite commandos in an ultra-realistic warfare environment that calls for true military tactics in order to succeed."
In order to present the most realistic depiction of the intense ground war in Iraq, Gotham Games recruited Cameron Spence, a former high-ranking SAS officer who served in the Desert Storm conflict, as a technical consultant. The result is the most authentic experience in modern combat gaming with stunningly rendered desert and urban environments and complete control of a four-man squad of elite combatants.
Presenting the next step in tactical military gaming, Conflict: Desert Storm is based on the events of the 1991 Gulf War, allowing players to control an elite U.S. Delta Force or British Special Air Service (SAS) unit that has been ordered behind enemy lines. Gamers fight through 15 intense missions -- utilizing advanced training and stealth techniques and a vast array of weaponry -- in order to destroy key Iraqi targets and ultimately put an end to Saddam’s reign of terror.
To improve upon the already enthralling gameplay, Gotham Games will introduce a significant number of feature and technology enhancements to the GameCube version of Conflict: Desert Storm including:
- Control a squad of four expert SAS or Delta Force operatives - Team Leader, deadly Sniper, Heavy Weapons Specialist and Combat Engineer.
- Call in air strikes, take control of vehicles and engage in the most fearsome combat you will ever face.
- Watch your squad's expertise improve as each mission is completed.
- Unprecedented AI governs enemy and squad behaviour.
- Stunning graphics and visual effects in urban, desert and indoor environments. Multiple paths through 15 challenging missions.
- Real-World physics and ballistic models accurately simulate the rigours of combat.
- Superb sound effects, explosions and actual Special Forces weaponry.
- Multi-player co-operative gaming.