"We're pleased to have our All-Star Baseball brand return to the PlayStation®2 for another season of authentic hardball action," said Marc Metis, Senior Vice President of Brand Management for Acclaim. "Featuring online head-to-head play for the first time, All-Star Baseball 2005 offers the richest gaming experience to date for our consumers."
The media had the following to say about All-Star Baseball 2005:
- "Acclaim's famed series is back and better than ever. Franchise mode is by far the deepest of any baseball game out there. The best feature of ASB 05 is
the T.W.I.B. Challenge ...I can't say enough how cool this feature is." - Play Magazine
- "This team knows how to play the game." - GamePro
- "...All-Star Baseball 2005 will dazzle you with flashes of brilliance." - PSM
All-Star Baseball 2005's features include:
- -- Exclusive new FielderCam and BroadcastCam offering the most realistic "between the lines" experience available;
- -- Online head-to-head play and downloadable rosters on both the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and Xbox Live;
- -- Analog batting, which lets players hit for average and power with the greatest of ease;
- -- All-new Franchise mode, including Spring Training, Expansion Mode, Create-A-Team and random season schedules;
- -- T.W.I.B. Challenge lets players relive or change the outcome of historic moments from the 2003 MLB season, including the infamous
NLCS Game 6 Moises Alou "catch" Vs. the Marlins;
- -- Two-man commentary from Steve Lyons and Tom Brennaman, and Spanish Play-By-Play by Oscar Soria, commentator for the Arizona Diamondbacks;
- -- Video gameplay tutorial from Steve Lyons;
- -- Over 80 fully animated stadiums, including current MLB parks, legendary stadiums, Spring Training stadiums and fantasy parks;
- -- Enhanced Create-A-Player mode, featuring all new textures allowing players to make their own personalized MLB All-Star;
- -- Over 50 Hall of Fame and MLB legends, including Yogi Berra, Willie McCovey, Nolan Ryan and Reggie Jackson;
- -- Authentic MLB uniforms, including alternates and more than 60 throwback styles.
All-Star Baseball 2005 is currently available for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, each at a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information on All-Star Baseball 2005 please visit www.acclaim.com.
More articles about All-Star Baseball 2005