Majesco's Aeon Flux links together Peter Chung's futuristic animated series, which ran on MTV from 1992-1997, and the upcoming feature film opening nationwide December 2nd starring Oscar winner Charlize Theron ("Monster") as Aeon Flux.
"We are excited to be partnering with MTV and Terminal Reality to create the first-ever interactive journey into the world of Aeon Flux," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "By seamlessly blending familiar elements of the series with exciting game play and new ideas from the film, the game is a dynamic complement to its entertainment counterparts."
"With an exciting combination of stealth, speed, beauty, and acrobatic combat, Aeon Flux is the ideal character for a video game," adds Tony Calandra, senior director, MTV Games. "By creating a compelling story that bridges the ground-breaking animated series to the highly-anticipated upcoming film, we believe we will offer a thrilling experience for gamers and all Aeon Flux fans old and new."
Assuming the role of Aeon Flux, players employ lethal abilities to disrupt the soul-crushing tyranny that pervades the walled, protected city-state Bregna, ruled by a congress of scientists. Aeon faithfully serves the underground 'Monican' rebellion in their efforts to overthrow the Breen, however deadly rivals oppose her at every turn, and powerful temptations test her loyalties.
Additional game play features include:
- In-game voice and likeness of Oscar-winning actress Charlize Theron;
- Dispatch enemies with bone-crunching fatalities and acrobatic finishing moves;
- Futuristic gadgets help solve puzzles and penetrate Bregnan defenses;
- Objectives change as allegiances shift between different eras and generations of Bregnans;
- Pull off incredible stunts as you navigate through huge environments, scale walls, use grappling hooks and hurdle over obstacles.
Aeon Flux was developed by Terminal Reality and is available now for the suggested retail price of $49.99 at stores nationwide.
More articles about Aeon Flux