“DDO has always offered the best dungeon crawling experience and with the release of Evil Resurgent, we are continuing our aggressive push to provide new and compelling content for our fans,” said Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. “Evil Resurgent delivers six new dungeons that challenge players with fearsome monsters including mindflayers, a lich, ogre magi and a necromancer.”
Evil Resurgent delivers six new dungeons to DDO players:
- Parthilcar Tower Crypt - Mirra heard a noise in her basement. When she sent her brother to check it out, he discovered several mindflayers lurking in the crypt. The mindflayers have been secretly taking several members of each of the major houses of Stormreach and turning them into voidminds. The mindflayers are preparing to release their voidmind house members to take over the great houses of Stormreach from within, unless they are destroyed.
- From Beyond the Grave - Deathshadow is long in the ground, but his evil lives on. Through dark magics and sheer force of will, the necromancer haunts the convict cemetery called Penitent’s Rest, and is now summoning forth an army of the undead. With a legion of walking corpses and ethereal horrors at his command, he intends to break out from his pauper’s grave and invade Delera’s Graveyard, the resting place of Stormreach’s prosperous and elite. The players must meet his forces head-on in a fight to the death…again!
- Spire of Validus - The Spire of Validus was buried under the earth. The lich buried there used his magic to cause his tomb to grow like a beanstalk, causing it to burst forth and rise high into the sky. Players must journey to the top of the tower to discover that the lich has awakened, and defeat him.
- Whisperdoom - When Splinterskull fell, Whisperdoom found herself with a very large new lair. However, a group of ogre magi came upon Whisperdoom and captured her. They have taken her to a new lair, and have begun to imbue her with magical abilities, with the hopes of creating an army of magic wielding spawn of Whisperdoom to do their bidding.
- Haywire’s Grotto - Haywire has struck a deal with a tribe of duergar: they allow him to live in their caves and provide him with materials, and he makes golems. Things were going well for Haywire, until he became convinced that he should start replacing his body parts with those of a warforged. The Marut discovered this, and Haywire is again stuck, this time inside a panic room he fortunately had built, but who knows how long he’ll last against the combined might of the Marut, the golems, and the now quite upset Duergar.
- Gate of Nightmares - Long ago when the Dal Quor invaded Xen’drik, they built many temples that were attuned to the Plane of Dreams, and served as conduits for their soldiers. The Cult of Madness has found one of these temples, and has managed to alter its attunement to be aligned with Xoriat. Several of the smaller portals have been reopened, and the central gateway is not far from becoming fully operational.
Dungeons & Dragons ONLINE: Stormreach recreates the essence of the classic pen-and-paper roleplaying experience -- with an emphasis on non-grinding, instanced quests that provide a unique, immersive experience for each party. Authentic features in the game include customizable characters; dungeons filled with devious traps; monsters and stories from the Eberron campaign setting; an on-screen d20 (20-sided die) and a dungeon master. The unique online world of Stormreach is a bustling city with thousands of players from around the world. It represents a new paradigm for the MMO genre with unique features including party-based quests, integrated voice chat, real-time action combat, and award winning graphics.
More articles about Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach