Europa Universalis III delves deeply into the areas of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy and is an epic strategy game where players take control of a nation and guide it through the ages to become a great global empire. Unparalleled in its depth and historical accuracy, Europa Universalis gives players freedom to rule their nation from an impressive choice of over 250 historically accurate countries. The Europa Universalis series put Paradox Interactive on the map as a leading strategy games publisher and developer and Europa Universalis III is eagerly anticipated from fans worldwide.
Europa Universalis III spans the entire globe and contain more than 250 playable countries. In these countries, players will find approximately 1700 provinces at their disposal.
The development and status of a province is readily available to players and helps players control their country as they lead their nation to success through decades of historical events.
- Population: A province’s population has a significant impact on the wealth of the province. The larger the population, the more tax income it will generate for its owner.
- Supply Limit: Each province is able to feed and support a limited number of active armed forces. The supply limit depends on the base supply value of the province, its production, the terrain, and the level of fortification (if any).
- Max. Attrition: This reflects how rapidly an army will lose men if it exceeds the province’s supply limit, and depends primarily on the terrain and its level of military technology.
- Revolt Risk: This is the provincial equivalent of stability and closely tied to your country’s stability. Any positive revolt risk value indicates that there is a risk that this province may rebel against your country.
- Culture: each country has a primary state culture and may have one or more cultures that it considers acceptable.
- Manpower: The work force of the province is based primarily on its population, although there are other things that may increase its value, including your domestic policies and national ideas.
- Garrison: If the province has a fortification of any size, the number of troops currently garrisoning it will determine how long an enemy must besiege the province before it is captured. If the enemy attempts to storm the walls, the garrison will rally to defend the city.
Each province generates a monthly amount of income, through taxation and production that contributes to a country’s economy. In addition, trade will be an important component for any country.
The drastic changes undergone by provinces and countries during 300 years are but one of the aspects reflected in Europa Universalis III. Players will get a real sense of the period while experiencing the building of new cathedrals and universities, the centralization of tax collection and many other national programs. Watching military power slowly make the transition from periodic regional levies to permanent standing armies of conscripts and ships gradually become larger and both more seaworthy and powerful in addition to a host of other movements towards modernization
- Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay by starting at ANY date between 1453 and 1789.
- Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and much more. The possibilities are endless.
- The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Take history in your hands and call personalities like Sir Isaac Newton, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or René Descartes to your court.
- A lush topographic map in full 3D allows for a rich and complete world view, and contains more than 1700 provinces and sea zones.
- Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game's extensive time span.
- Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.
- Manage more than 100 individual unit troops to secure as much power as possible.
- Co-operative multiplayer mode allows several players to work together to control a single nation.
- Customize your game: Europa Universalis III gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire. Join the constantly growing and incredibly talented Paradox modding community!
Europa Universalis III will be shipping to stores on January 23 in North America and January 26 in Europe.
More articles about Europa Universalis III