Developed by Yokohama-based Arc System Works, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is the third instalment in the series and is widely cited as one of the most carefully balanced fighting games in existence, thanks to a refined combat system with three new gameplay modes.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core features over 20 deadly combatants and includes an alternate EX version of all the existing characters. On top of all this, the game also introduces two reinvented fighters, A.B.A. and Order-Sol, who have never been seen outside of Japan.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core delivers a range of all-new moves, including the ‘Force Break’, a special move which consumes 25 per cent of the Tension Gauge when used; ‘Slashback’, a form of parrying with reduced block stun; ‘Slip Throws’; and moves which make opponents stick briefly to walls or slide across the floor of a stage.
In addition to major gameplay changes, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core features the first major aesthetic change for the series since the original release. All voices, including that of the announcer, have been re-recorded or replaced with previously unused samples, in some cases with different actors.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core makes maximum use of the Wii controller, allowing players to move characters with the control pad on the Nunchuk and use the Wii Remote for both simple and special attacks. Some of the less powerful attacks are mapped on the Wii Remote buttons and the special attacks are executed through both button and movement with the Nunchuk or the Wii Remote.
The final layers of polish on Guilty Gear XX Accent Core come with redesigned playable character artwork and two new music tracks, Launch Out and Keep The Flag Flying.
- Over 20 deadly combatants to choose from, including 2 new characters!?All of your favorite characters have returned with new moves and an alternate EX version of each. Accent Core also introduces 2 reinvented fighters, A.B.A and Order-Sol that have never been seen outside of Japan.
- Refined fighting game system with 3 new gameplay systems!?Accent Core's Force Break, Throw Escape and Slash Back systems give all the fighters' new defensive and offensive capabilities.
- New sights and sounds!?New backgrounds, character voices and an introductory animation have been added for a fresh Guilty Gear experience.
- Multiple modes of mayhem!?Hone your fighting skills in 5 different modes: Arcade, Medal of Millionaire, Versus, Survival and Training.
- Unique control scheme exclusive to the Wii!: Gamers can test their fighting game prowess by mastering the new Wii Remote controls that lets you pull off the fighters' punches, kicks and special moves with simple gestures. For purists, GGXXAC will also support the Nintendo GameCube and Classic Controllers.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, currently available in Norht America, will be published by 505 Games for Wii in February 2008.