Soldier of Fortune Payback evolves the signature gameplay of its predecessors with refined controls, tension-packed warzones, and an enemy damage system that may be shocking to even experienced FPS players. Boasting more weapons options than any previous Soldier of Fortune installment, Soldier of Fortune Payback's impressive arsenal includes an array of more than 30 weapons including sub-machine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, projectile explosives, weapon attachments and cutting-edge tactical weapons.
Soldier of Fortune Payback will satisfy online gamers with many of their favorite online multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Elimination, Team Elimination, Capture the Flag, and Demolition. Additional online options include maps tuned specifically for multiplayer action, persistent stat-tracking throughout the gamer's online career, and many server settings for custom online play.
The Soldier of Fortune Payback storyline reflects today's trend of "outsourcing" wars. When a routine escort mission goes horribly wrong, freelance mercenary Thomas Mason finds himself battling an insidious enemy that knows no boundaries. Traditional armies can not handle these extremists – only underground guns for hire can fight a war this dirty and get results.
How To Unlock
Snake In The Grass
Kill 10 enemies while crouching in any multiplayer mode.
Every Bullet Counts
Finish a multiplayer match with 100% accuracy (Minimum of 10 kills)
More Ammo For Me!
Perform 300 reloads in any multiplayer mode.
Nades For Everyone
Get a triple kill with an explosive during a single Ranked Match - Team Deathmatch.
Accumulate 30 kills with a silencer over Xbox LIVE.
I Got Shotgun…
Get 20 kills with a shotgun in a single Ranked Match - Capture The Flag.
There Is No Blue Wire!
Disarm 15 bombs in Demolition mode.
Aim In Vein
Achieve a 25% vital zone hit ratio in a multiplayer match.
The Impossible Shot
Achieve 25 kills from a distance greater than 100 feet without a scope in any multiplayer mode.
Achieve 15 kills with a sniper rifle in a single Ranked Match - Deathmatch.
One Shot Is All I Need!
Achieve 5 headshots in a row using a sniper rifle in a multiplayer match.
This Is My Rifle…
Kill the bomb carrier with an assault rifle 5 times in a single Ranked Match - Demolition.
Spray and Pray
Achieve 5 kills in a row without dying with an SMG in a single Ranked Match - Elimination.
Kill 10 opponents with a machine gun during a single Ranked Match - Team Elimination.
It's Not The Size…
Achieve 50 kills using pistols in any multiplayer mode.
The Black Knight
Shoot off all 4 limbs on any combination of players over the course of a multiplayer match.
Do It From Behind
Kill 50 opponents in Ranked Matches with a knife attack from behind.
Accumulate 250 dismemberments in any multiplayer mode.
Head Of The Class
Accumulate 100 headshots over Xbox LIVE in any mode.
Accumulate 100 kills with the knife over Xbox LIVE in any mode.
Kill 30 enemy flag carriers in Capture The Flag.
Cash And Prizes
Kill 75 enemies by shooting them in the groin.
Hostest With The Mostest
Host and complete 100 multiplayer matches.
Kill 4 members of the opposing team while carrying their flag.
Have a 1 to 5 or worse Kill to Death ratio in a multiplayer match.
Where's The Competition?
Have a 5 to 1 or better Kill to Death ratio in a multiplayer match (minimum of 20 kills).
Stop Hittin' Yourself!
Accumulate 50 suicides over Xbox LIVE in any mode.
You're The Best…Around
Be the most skillful player in a Ranked Match
This achievement is secret
This achievement is secret
Complete Al Qa'im
Complete the Al Qa'im level on the hardest difficulty setting.
Complete the Mogaung levels on the hardest difficulty setting.
Complete the Eshkashem levels on the hardest difficulty setting.
Complete the Llebo levels on the hardest difficulty setting.
Complete the Donetsk levels on the hardest difficulty setting.
The Real Deal
Complete the game without dying on Normal or Hard difficulty.
Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
Soldier Of Fortune
Complete the game on the hardest difficulty setting.
Kill 1000 enemies throughout the campaign.
Not enough milk
Perform 500 dismemberments throughout the campaign.
Single Player Total
Kill 5 enemies in 5 seconds in any game mode.
Quicker Than Diet And Exercise
Perform a dismemberment at every point on the enemies bodies.
- Built to harness the power of next generation- Featuring an incredibly realistic modeling system allowing for accurate hit detection and detailed damage modeling. Enemies will not only react to the specific area they've been hit but also to the power of the weapon they've been hit with.
- One of the most lethal collections of weapons ever assembled - Over 30 of the baddest weapons including sub-machine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, projectile explosives, weapons attachments and futuristic prototype weapons.
- The world's most dangerous hotspots- Players will find themselves thrown into authentic mercenary situations in real world hotspots around the globe. Survive and ambush and rescue a diplomat, infiltrate a terrorist organization, go on a search and destroy mission and much more.
- Enemies around every corner- High intensity combat situations where players will need to take down over 15 unique enemies including terrorists, mobsters, insurgents, enemy soldiers and more.
- Online multiplayer- Play your favorite individual and team based online modes including death match, team death match, elimination, team elimination, capture the flag and demolition. Additional online options include maps tuned specifically for multiplayer action, and persistent stat tracking.
- Compelling new storyline- When a routine escort mission goes horribly wrong, players find themselves battling an insidious enemy that knows no boundaries. As mercenary Thomas Mason, players will need to uncover and terminate an extremist plot aimed at throwing the world into global chaos.
Soldier of Fortune Payback, rated "M" for Mature, will be available for the Xbox 360, PS3, the PC. Xbox 360 and PC versions ship Nov. 13, 2007, with PlayStation 3 following on Nov. 20, 2007.
More articles about Soldier of Fortune Payback