Derived from the classic SEGA IP, Alien Syndrome for the Wii and PSP plunges players into its easy to pick up and play action-RPG gameplay, while offering depth and a wealth of features and missions to challenge all gamers.
Alien Syndrome puts players in control of the strong and enigmatic heroine – Earth Command Trooper Aileen Harding – as she battles through a wide variety of environments including onboard infested spaceships and bizarre alien planets, taking on a mixture of fearsome aliens and colossal bosses. Players can choose from a wide selection of character specialties and skills to hone their character before embarking upon their sci-fi adventure. As they progress through the engrossing campaign, protected by different types of armour and using a variety of melee and ranged weaponry, players can improve their heroine’s statistics and discover powerful new abilities.
Alien Syndrome offers 20 different weapons to use, ranging from flamethrowers, quad-barrelled lasers, nanobot swarms that dissolve enemies and incendiary grenades that unleash fire geysers from the ground. Each weapon offers different advantages and disadvantages, dependent upon how it is used and which speciality the player has chosen to adopt. With the sheer variety of weapons and abilities available to players, any number of combat strategies can be used to defeat hordes of more than 100 different alien enemies.
Alien Syndrome on the Wii will utilise the Wii remote’s unique gyroscopic feature by enabling players a full range of motion when slashing through enemies, unloading devastation on bosses, or running and gunning through hallways. Players will also be able to access various new game modes and mechanisms. These extra features include using the Wii controllers to craft new items, to enhance existing items and character abilities and to hack into computer systems.
For gamers on the go, Alien Syndrome on the PSP is wi-fi enabled so that up to four players can embark upon playing cooperatively through the alien infested levels in various multiplayer modes.
- High quality sci-fi action-RPG gameplay for the PSP: Alien Syndrome combines the intensity of a fast-paced, action-packed sci-fi shooter gameplay, with the depth and customization of an RPG.
- Frenetic single-player and multiplayer modes are packed with over 100 enemies, 15 sub-bosses and five main bosses to fight, using 80 weapons and hundreds of armor types and bonus items.
- In-depth gameplay: Explore 15 intricate levels and take on multiple side quests – 20+ hours of action-packed adventure.
- Completely customize your character to expand in-game strategy options: Choose from several character classes, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Upgrade your character stats as she grows in experience, accessing a host of new abilities and game features. Your loyal robot assistant also fights alongside you, exchanging and improving your weapons and armor at any time.
- Fight in the single player campaign mode or in four-player cooperative mode: Venture solo through an expansive and varied sci-fi world, or battle along side up to four friends in Co-op Mode.
Alien Syndrome is developed by Totally Games and will be available for the Wii and PSP system in summer 2007.
More articles about Alien Syndrome