From the ashes of an ancient conflict, a cosmic war threatens all sentient beings with extinction. As the alien Benefactors and Bane amass their forces for the final battle, the galaxy’s last free sentient beings are the thin line between life and death, between good and evil.
Explore lush forest planets, volcanic moons, and exotic alien civilizations. Face off against powerful xenophobe soldiers, armored mechanoids, and vicious predators! Use a wide range of weapons and unique magical alien powers to help the Allied Free Sentients (AFS) in their desperate fight against extinction. Tabula Rasa combines a vast, persistent game world and ongoing storyline with fast-paced action, resulting in a striking new approach to the design of multiplayer online games.
Thousands of years ago, an Ancient Species known as the Eloh, made a great discovery. They uncovered a key to a powerful science unifying all known theories of physics. With this key, they were able to unlock answers to the fundamental questions of the Universe that explain the nature of all matter and energy. This knowledge allowed them to develop Logos, a way to manipulate matter, energy, and force in unique and powerful ways.
With the power of LOGOS at their disposal, they began exploring the universe. By folding space to quickly cross vast distances, they visited galaxies of all sizes in a quest to meet other sentient life. The Eloh shared their knowledge with all whom could comprehend this powerful truth. But sharing such knowledge and giving other LOGOS-receptive beings the ability to manipulate matter, energy, and force would eventually trigger an intergalactic war between the Eloh and the Bane, resulting in the enslavement of many species and ensuring the Bane’s place as our oppressors.
Like any science, LOGOS can be used for great advancement and discovery, or great destruction and oppression. Though the enemy has access to the knowledge of LOGOS, like all beings the Eloh visited, they are not able to harness its full power. Luckily for the members of the Allied Free Sentients, Bane usage of this power has always been volatile and unpredictable. Whether it is lack of training, lack of discipline, or an incomplete understanding of the power they hold, the Bane have never been able to master LOGOS. We must exploit this weakness. Our mastery of LOGOS is what will ensure our success and grant us freedom from our oppressors.
In Tabula Rasa, you are a LOGOS-receptive soldier of the AFS, and are able to learn the language of LOGOS at shrines throughout the worlds you travel to. Not only can your knowledge of LOGOS be used to activate special abilities that can help the AFS win this war, but the ancient symbols you uncover can also unlock hidden locations where you can further your training and enhance your skills. Ancient secrets will be revealed to you as you collect more and more LOGOS to your tablet.
LOGOS abilities will allow you to harness the very fabric of the cosmos. Use this power to defeat the Bane and secure our future!
- Richard Garriott’s Signature Creative Vision – Features a rich storyline with culminating experiences, immersive tactile environments and a persistent plot.
- Mystical “Logos” Language & Powers – Alien mystical language and powers allow players to harness the very fabric of the cosmos for heals, attacks and more!
- Ethical Parables – Players encounter ethical decisions while attempting to complete goals or missions that affect the people and environments around them.
- Brings Role-playing to the Battlefield – Fast-paced action involving skill, stealth and strategy combines with character growth and development (RPG) on a massive multiplayer scale (MMO).
- Battlefield Control Points – Entrenched positions on a given battlefield can change hands over the course of a battle and affect spawn points of both enemy and friendly characters.
- Character Cloning System – Explore different character paths without having to start from scratch.
- Crafting & Economy – Players will participate in crafting and selling items
- Player-vs-Player – Clans declare war on other clans, enabling voluntary PvP gameplay.
More articles about Tabula Rasa