Penumbra: Black Plague is a creepy and dark psychological horror experience featuring the adventures of Philip as he sets of in search of his dead father. Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance.
Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance.
Surrounded by enemies and assaulted by terror from all sides, Philip must collect clues and solve vexing puzzles while combating the gnawing psychological terrors that assail his mind and threaten to strip him of his sanity. Can Philip master his fear and finally uncover the truth behind a mystery that has haunted him for a lifetime? Only you can decide...
HaptX is a state of the art Haptics Engine, which through specialized hardware such as the Novint Falcon enables gamers to physically feel their gameplay. With HaptX® players can feel effects such as explosions, gravity, recoils from weapons as well as the details of individual objects such assurface textures, material characteristics and even weight. HaptX® also provides the ability for the player to physically experience and interact with the game in genuine 3D, including the ability to touch and feel the top, bottom or the back side of objects within the game. HaptX® integrates seamlessly with existing game and physics engines and presents a revolutionary new and exciting gaming experience.
"Our cooperation with developer Frictional Games started with Penumbra: Overture and we are incredibly pleased that both Paradox Interactive and Frictional Games, opted to continue using HaptX in the final chapter of the Penumbra series. This type of game is a perfect fit for our technology and gives the player the means to physically interact and experience the environment like never before. We have since pushed the boundaries of our technology further and look forward to seeing the impact on Black Plague ", said Mats Lordin, CEO of Reachin Technologies.
"We saw what an impact HaptX had on Penumbra: Overture so the decision to continue using it for Black Plague was easy. Penumbra: Black Plague is such a thrilling psychological horror adventure and adding another level of interaction and touch with HaptX promises an exciting end product, said Fredrik Wester, Executive Vice President of Paradox Interactive.
The standard PC version of Penumbra: Black Plague is scheduled for release in February. The HaptX® Edition will be released on April 16th and can be played with the Novint Falcon controller.
The Novint Falcon is an entirely new type of game controller. By replacing your mouse or joystick, the Falcon is, essentially, a small robot that lets you physically experience the game through the sense of touch unlike any controller in history.
- Cutting-edge game engine featuring modern 3D and physics technologies: Adapted motion blur effects and a new unified lighting system with real-time lightning create great depth with a realistic atmosphere of psychological horror
- Compelling and detailed story: Finding the answers to questions of the mystery of Philip's lost father throughout the game, with new explanations and a complete storyline wrap up
- Highly interactive environments: You can interact with any object not nailed to the ground! Focus on, pick up and move around objects through a simple drag and drop interface.
- Environmental sounds system: The sounds of the different environments are contributing to the atmosphere and give the player scaring hints of dangers.
- Puzzle solving challenges: Horror adventure game in puzzle-like style with bonuses and incentives to challenge the player throughout the game
Penumbra: Black Plague is scheduled for a worldwide release during Q1, 2008.
More articles about Penumbra: Black Plague