Developed by Renegade Kid, Moon is an intense sci-fi, action-adventure title for NDS. Moon places gamers on the cold lunar surface in the year 2058. Researchers of the newly established Lunar Base Alpha are shocked when they discover a sealed, alien hatch during construction of a new lunar base, but it's a shock that soon pales in comparison to what they find beyond the hatch.
Mastiff and Renegade Kid are proud to announce that they have teamed up with writers James McDonough and Adam Patyk (Hellboy, Transformers and much more) of THE ENEMY to turn the dark and twisted storyline into something even more ominous.
"Working on Moon has been an absolute blast," said writer Adam Patyk of THE ENEMY. "The fantastic gameplay and striking graphics are some of the first things you notice about the game, and that played a big role in why we were so excited when Mastiff asked us to get involved in helping to refine the characters and story for Moon."
Taking place on the cold lunar surface in the year 2058, Moon places gamers in control of Major Kane of the Extra Terrestrial Encounter Organization, who has been summoned to the newly established Lunar Base Alpha to investigate what has been described as a sealed hatch embedded in the surface of the moon. His briefing is interrupted when a hostile force sweeps through the base, annihilating everything and everyone in its path. It is now up to Major Kane to enter the hatch and seek out the truth that lies below the surface of our Moon.
"Without the preconceived notions of an existing franchise, working on Moon gave an opportunity for everyone involved in the game's production to really work from the ground up and modify characters' roles and motivations to best serve the story and produce the most entertaining final product," said Patyk.
"We are definitely excited to have had the opportunity to work with creative minds at THE ENEMY," said Bill Swartz, Head Woof at Mastiff. "They have been an absolute pleasure to work with and we feel that players will truly appreciate Moon's rich character development anddeep storyline."
- Renegade Kid's patented formula of sick and twisted FPS adventure features a cinematic storyline and white-knuckle shooting action.
- Built on the Renegade Engine 2.0, Moon delivers rich environments and robust FPS gameplay that screams at a blistering 60 FPS.
- Collect alien artifacts and challenge insane difficulty levels to unlock premium hidden content - only the hardcore need apply.
- Annihilate alien hostiles as you rip up the lunar landscape in your turret-equipped buggy, or pilot the Remote Access Droid to delve into the Moon's darkest corners.
- Deliver Major Kane's style of intergalactic diplomacy as you wield powerful alien technology like the Lepton Spread - a particle shotgun that can tear your enemies a new black hole.
Moon is currently scheduled for release on Nov. 18, 2008
More articles about Moon