Fable 2 will be a true sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than 3 million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of “Fable” where players’ every decision continually defines who they become. “Fable 2” is an action role-playing game that truly allows players to live the life they choose in an unimaginably open world environment.
Set 500 years after the original, Fable 2 will provide gamers with an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs and caves in the world of Albion.
Starting late January 2009, fans will be summoned back into Albion's service with the release of the Knothole Island downloadable content pack. The remote island of Knothole is dying: its golden sands and lush vegetation are covered with snow, its people freezing, its treasures buried. Only a hero can face the trials of the three shrines to bring back the sunshine.
With the release of the first Fable II downloadable content, available exclusively on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points, gamers will be invited to set sail for Knothole Island, where new quests, wondrous items and bizarre characters await.
Also in mid-December, fans everywhere will be able to enhance their Fable II experience with the release of a free Fable II downloadable pack exclusively on Xbox Live Marketplace. To engage in co-op gameplay with a player who has already downloaded the Knothole Island content, gamers will need to download the free pack. Both co-op players must download the Knothole Island (Premium) pack in order to play new quests and enjoy the complete Knothole Island co-op experience.
Free and premium downloaders will receive a show of gifts, including Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, collectible silver book and more. Players will also be able to check their standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.
- Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands on the scope and depth of the Xbox classic with incredible new features and a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
- A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion, where every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale, more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable.” Players will witness how the world has grown and changed in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion.
- New and unique combat system. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system that is designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while being very accessible, are also amazingly deep and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from a master swordsman or skilled ranger to an evil magic-wielder.
- A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players merely feed their pooch and it will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys throughout this magical world.
- Dynamic cooperative play
- Prior to Fable 2's release pub games will debut as a stand-alone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade, allowing gamers to earn currency which are transferable to Fable 2 so gamers can purchase items in-game from the start.
The “Fable II” standard addition is also available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of $59.99.
“Keystone,” “Spinnerbox” and “Fortune’s Tower” will also be embedded as part of the full retail copy of “Fable II” (limited collector’s and standard editions).
More articles about Fable II