Games on Demand to keep the heart pumping
This month, feel the heady rush of adrenaline with a mind-blowing Games on Demand lineup.
- “Call of Duty 3” (Activision): Follow the Allies on the Normandy Breakout campaign, and watch as they push inland to liberate Paris and take the first step on the path to Berlin. In “Call of Duty 3”, you assume the role of one of the four ordinary Allied soldiers (American, British, Canadian or Polish) and join your troops as you march into an authentic, living battlefield for unprecedented combat. Battle it out online with up to 24 players in either single or split-screen play. Run and gun or commandeer multiple-occupancy vehicles including tanks, motorcycles and jeeps.
- “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2” (Ubisoft): Now is your chance to return to Sin City where you can help rescue Vegas from an escalating terrorist siege that forces you into heart-pounding action from beginning to end.
- “Grand Theft Auto IV” (Rockstar Games): Set in the largest, most richly detailed interactive environment created, “Grand Theft Auto IV” tells the story of Niko Bellic and his journey through modern-day Liberty City. Searching for a mysterious figure who wronged him in the past, Niko becomes embroiled in a world of violence and corruption as he struggles to cope with his cousin’s mounting debt and the seedy underbelly of Liberty City. The epic story carries on with a new protagonist, story, weapons, music and vehicles in the much anticipated October 29 release of “Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony”. Liberty City gets an overdose of guns, glitz and grime and you can get in on the explosive Multiplayer Unlocked event coming at the end of October.
- “Midnight Club Los Angeles” (Rockstar Games): Race at breakneck speeds through the streets of Modern-day L.A. Drive the hottest real-world turners, muscle cars, luxury cars, exotics and superbikes on the streets today, all recreated in stunning detail. For heart pounding street racing with no track, no load times and no rules: Welcome to the Midnight Club.
- “Army of Two” (Electronic Arts): When one man is not enough, it will take an army of two to fight through war, political turmoil and a conspiracy so vast it threatens the entire world. Get ready for the imminent release of the first blockbuster of 2010, “Army of Two: The 40th Day”, by playing through the first game in the series. Players who keep a saved game from the original on their hard drive will gain access to two unique weapons, designed by fans for fans of the franchise.
- “Sonic Unleashed” (SEGA): Join Sonic in his quest to save the world from Dr. Eggman. On a pursuit for domination, Dr. Eggman unleashes a slumbering beast from the center of the world. This causes a devastating tremor that splinters the world and triggers a mysterious transformation in Sonic. The world divided, and Sonic altered with new abilities and powers, the stage is set for a climactic battle.
- “Dead Space” (Electronic Arts): Set in the cold blackness of deep space, the award-winning “Dead Space” delivers the ultimate in psychological thrills and gruesome actions. The atmosphere in “Dead Space” is soaked with a feeling of tension, dread and sheer terror. Players step into the role of engineer Isaac Clarke, an ordinary man on a seemingly routine mission to fix the communications system aboard a mining ship. However, it’s not long before Isaac awakes to a living nightmare filled with vicious genetic mutations inside a dead, claustrophobic silence. Trapped and cut off, you must help Isaac engage in a desperate fight for survival.
- “DiRT” (Codemasters): “DiRT” blends death-defying off-road action, precision control and tricked-out intensity of street racing into a visually stunning motorsports masterpiece. Choose from a wealth of officially licensed cars and real-world locations, as you careen through gravel, dirt and mud, doing whatever it takes to bring the trophy home.
These are a Few of Our Favorite Things
Ahhh... fall and all its glory. The crisp air, the change of seasons, the comfort food. If you’re like us, what gets us really excited is Football ! Now, take your NFL rivalry to Xbox LIVE and sport your favorite team’s jersey with “Madden NFL” gear (EA SPORTS). Just in time for all the Sunday, Monday and Thursday night NFL action, starting October 8 you can keep your Avatar in the red zone. Round out October with Prep School gear, and University favorites. Huzzah!
Already have your Halloween costume picked out? Don’t leave your Avatar out in the dust! Dress them up in one of our fun, tricked out styles, whether you’re feeling witchy, spooky or like a pretty, pretty princess. Starting October 15, hit up the Hershey’s costume shop for some sweet costume treats.
Another great thing about fall? Winter is right around the corner! Gear your Avatar up with Skullcandy. Starting October 1, you can take your pick from signature varieties of Skullcandy headphones and styles that will rock your unique Winter Avatar style. You girls out there will also be able to express your gaming attitude with GamerchiX styles starting October 22.
Vampires, Princes, Games and More… All at a Discounted Price
Quality downloadable games at value prices are an easy find with a fun-filled Xbox Live Deal of the Week lineup. With an assortment of Arcade titles offered at a bargain price, you’ll find the perfect downloadable treat. October 5th venture to ancient Persia and heal the world from the evil corruption in “Prince of Persia Epilogue” (Ubisoft). October 12th, break out the popcorn as “Hasbro Game Night” (Electronic Arts) is a bundle of family fun with cut backs on prices for each beloved favorite (Battleship, Connect 4, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Boggle and Sorry! Sliders). “Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode” (Capcom) offers more bio hazardous challenges for less on October 19th, and play three exciting casino-style games set in the world of Albion at half-off with “Fable II Pub Games” (Microsoft Game Studios) on October 26th. Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week continuously delivers more fun for less, and is available exclusively for Xbox Live Gold Members.
More articles about Xbox 360