Time to strap back in! Stoked: Big Air Edition is an updated release of the snowboarding game for Xbox 360 and has a bounty of new features including racing, marked trails, lots of extra park objects to trick off, two new mountains, better visuals, and a faster and smoother riding model.
Stoked gives players physical control of their rider through the analog sticks, which eliminates the need for players to mash buttons or memorize combos, and gives players the ability to craft their own riding and trick styles. As players complete challenges and win events with style, they gain sponsorships, gear, and clothing from over 30 real-world brands, like Burton, Libtech, Volcom, Dakine, Nikita, and Quicksilver, and they gain profiles of their exploits in leading snowboarding magazines, such as Snowboard Magazine.
- Racing: Race against the world's top riders in single-player mode or race online against up to seven other players via Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network. Three types of races are included: Head to Head Through Gates, Pack Racing Through Gates, and Freestyle First to the Bottom (multiplayer only).
- Physics-based Controls: All movement is controlled through the analog sticks, with the triggers used for grabs. The tuned and tweaked physics behind the controls help you feel each carve. Define your riding style -- fast and sloppy, or slow and smooth.
- Marked Trails: Stoked: Big Air makes it easy to find great runs on every mountain. Each mountain includes eight runs with marked and groomed trails, lots of park objects to trick off and on-screen highlighting of kickers and jumps.
- Park Objects: Each of the eight groomed runs on each of the mountains now features tons of park objects for players to trick off.
- Two New Mountains: Stoked: Big Air includes all five mountains from the original Stoked (Mt. Fuji, the wilds of Alaska, Chile's Almirante Nieto, Switzerland's Diablerets, Mt. Shuksan in America's Pacific Northwest), plus two new mountains: Switzerland’s Laax and Asia’s K2. Together, these seven mountains give players over 500 square miles to explore. While every mountain has marked and groomed trails, players can also fly their helicopter anywhere to carve their own lines anywhere on any mountain.
- Seamless Multiplayer: Invite your friends to ride with you anytime, anywhere through instant drop-in multiplayer. At any time, anywhere, on any mountain, players can instantly choose to free-ride with a posse of up to seven friends, or challenge them in a variety of competitive riding activities.
- Smoother and Faster Riding: We've tweaked all aspects of riding, from camera angles to animations to the sensitivity of the controls, and we've made Stoked: Big Air even faster, with even more Big Air opportunities.
- Tons of Challenges and Events: Compete in a variety of Big Air and Grind-fest events. Compete on behalf of a sponsor to take control of a mountain in the Battle of the Brands, ride for media exposure, build a scrapbook of pictorial exploits, free-ride the mountain for high scores, and complete a variety of technical trick challenges.
- Gorgeous Visuals: Stoked: Big Air is now even more gorgeous, with a new lighting model, post effects, fog, upgraded particle effects, and more.
- Two New Pros: Gigi Ruf and Romain de Marchi join Travis Rice, Nicolas Muller, Wolle Nyvelt, Annie Boulanger, and Tadashi Fuse. Ride with the Pros in the Pro Challenges, in which they match the moves of seven different Pros, or race against them!
- Dynamic Weather: The weather changes throughout every day, so check out the weather report before you ride. Snow accumulates or melts on mountain surfaces, changing the riding experience, opening new paths, and building new trickable features and access to challenges.
Destineer's Stoked: Big Air Edition, developed by Bongfish, is priced at $39.99 and is available today exclusively for Xbox 360.
Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios, London Studio, SingStar Latino provides an authentic interactive singing experience and sets the stage as the first SCEA title developed exclusively for the Latin American market.
"As part of our business expansion in Latin America, SCEA is focused on providing gaming and entertainment fans access to the entire line of PlayStation products, software and services across the region," said Mark Stanley, director and general manager for Latin America, SCEA. "With the release of SingStar Latino, SCEA is following through on its commitment to develop games specifically for Latin America and we see this as the first of many more titles to come."
SingStar Latino makes its debut for PlayStation 2 and PS3 systems with 30 chart-topping singles and music videos from today's hottest Latin artists and legends including David Bisbal, Natalia Lafourcade, Jon Secada, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Paulina Rubio, Heroes del Silencio and others. As with previous SingStar titles, SingStar Latino provides an interactive social singing experience by incorporating technology that recognizes pitch, tone and rhythm to accurately score players as they perform to original songs featuring music videos.*
In addition to the songs on the disc, more than 140 Latin songs will be available for download via the online SingStoreTMat launch, including hits from popular artists such as such as Alejandro Sanz, Hombres G, Jarabe de Palo, Miguel Bose and others. Available through PlayStation®Network, SingStore will be updated with new songs each month. Players with PlayStation Network registered accounts can access SingStore to choose from multiple songs and genres to create their own personalized playlists.
SingStar Latino for the PS3 system also allows players to capture their special party moments by using the PlayStation®Eye to record their performances and those with PlayStation Network registered accounts can share them with the worldwide SingStar community via My SingStar Online.
The SingStar online community was recently enhanced this fall with the franchise's latest social element, SingStar Clubs, where players can join unique new clubs created by fellow SingStar fans or launch their own. With the SingStar Clubs feature, players can network with the national SingStar community as they share their latest videos, check out online charts from their club and relive their favorite SingStar experiences.
Available for both the PS3 and PS2 systems, SingStar Latino comes as a bundle packaged with two high-quality USB microphones and will be sold in retail stores across Latin America. SingStar Latino will also be available as a standalone disc at select GameStop retail locations across the United States, including cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Miami and a number of other markets.
Developed by Gearbox Software, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (requires original game) is the first in a series of electrifying downloadable expansions that continue the exhilarating Borderlands experience while upholding the franchise’s core gameplay elements.
Tasked with keeping the workers of Jakobs Cove alive, Dr. Ned does his job a little too well, creating flesh eating zombies and other ghastly abominations that now run rampant in this region. Players will have to work alongside Dr. Ned as they embark on an explosive journey to cure the decaying inhabitants of Jakobs Cove in this expansion filled with new formidable enemies, new grueling quests and rare loot drops.
“We are very excited to present fans of the highly acclaimed Borderlands with the first expansion,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned presents a bold new storyline that entertains and excites, and simultaneously ensures that fans still receive the same great gameplay experience that made the original game a success.”
Featuring extensive co-op integration that seamlessly blends the single-player and multiplayer experiences, Borderlands allows players to freely join or leave each other’s games at any time for collaborative mayhem or the freedom to choose to play in full single-player mode to experience the world on their own. Borderlands also includes a groundbreaking weapon generation system that offers a near infinite variety of weapons to the player. Borderlands combines these fan favorite features with addictive non-stop action to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters and RPGs.
Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, rated M for Mature, is now available as download from Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points and PlayStation Network for 8$9.99.
Armada 2526 is the heir to one of the first great space empire-building games and it is the product of veteran game designer and developer R.T. Smith, of “Total War” series fame.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Armada 2526 is one of those games where ‘one more turn’ ends up being many more hours of quality sci-fi strategy gaming in the blink of an eye. Between gorgeous space battles and a rich turn-based strategic layer, a very strong AI and galaxy size mainly limited by your hardware, both gamers who love space games and those who have never tried them will see something in Armada 2526.”
Expand your Empire, Conquer the Galaxy!
In Armada 2526, you guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles. Create bustling colonies on foreign worlds to build powerful fleets, construct advanced buildings and research facilities that will help you master space and defend your civilization! In a close race for victory, alliances forged through bartering and good will can help tip the balance of power in your favor as alien empires seek power and glory at your expense.
Powerful tutorial and advisor features help any would-be galactic commander get up to speed quickly, and with endless possible strategies Armada 2526 offers many different strategies to best your alien foes.
Unlike many games in this genre, Armada 2526 focuses on providing a game that can be finished in a reasonable time and emphasizes decisive strategy over micro-management. Armada 2526 was also design from the ground up with the AI in mind and it can use all the features of the game that are available to the human player. The result is a much stronger opponent than in many other games and Armada 2526 can scale from small 2 player skirmishes to enormous galaxies with dozens of alien factions, up to the maximum your hardware can handle.
Armada 2526 is rated E10+ with Fantasy Violence.
Leveraging an entirely new, motion-sensing camera peripheral for the Wii, Your Shape Featuring Jenny McCarthy is the first fitness video game that enables people to experience a comprehensive workout controller-free.
The camera, which is included with the game, provides a completely personalized and interactive workout by scanning players' bodies, assessing their current fitness level and then projecting their images onto the TV. Once the player completes an initial fitness test, the game is able to completely personalize their workout routine to their fitness level as well as their personal fitness goals and schedule. And, with the innovative new motion-tracking technology, the game is able to follow a player's movements as they workout, and guide them in real time so that they know whether or not they're doing the exercises correctly.
Additionally, the in-game workout buddy, Jenny McCarthy herself, will be on hand to provide a fun and motivating exercise experience, while also ensuring that players get the most efficient and effective workout possible. With over four hundred exercises, and Jenny to keep players motivated, working out has never been this interactive, personalized and fun.
Your Shape Featuring Jenny McCarthy has an MSRP of $69.99. The PC version of the game, also priced at $69.99, will be available at retail on Dec. 8, 2009.
Majesco is helping girls everywhere throw such a party for their favorite global icon as the company announced that Hello Kitty Party for NDS has shipped to retailers nationwide. The all-new Hello Kitty game lets players enjoy 25 themed games as they shop, cook, dress up and more -- all in preparation for a super fun party.