SOCOM Confrontation delivers the ultimate next-generation online combat experience made possible by the power of PS3.
SOCOM Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community and clans that support it. With support for Tournaments, Clan Ladders, Leader Boards, this latest title in the multi-million unit selling franchise is exactly what SOCOM fans have been clamoring for. Additionally, players will be able to modify their appearance through facial and physical customization.
A global-scale experience, SOCOM Confrontation gives players the opportunity to battle against the best and brightest from the U.S., Europe and Asia.
SOCOM Confrontation deploys with five new North African themed maps, including a 32-player version of "Crossroads." Additional themed packs for SOCOM Confrontation will be made available for download via the PlayStation Store.SOCOM: Confrontation Patch 1.60 Adds:
- New Special Forces – The Dutch KCT and Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces teams are featured in this update. Each Force is provided with two new heads, a new voice and light, medium and heavy variants of their own torsos and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).
- New Weapons – Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces. The Dutch KCT will have access to the 417 assault rifle, while the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces will receive the SPAS 15 shotgun. Additionally, four new weapons will be made available to players regardless of assigned Special Force. New weapons include the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, AK-74 and SR-25.
- Weapon Updates – A number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons have been included in the patch. Below is an overview of the updates and adjustments that have been made:
- M87ELR is given .50 cal rounds to balance it against the Mercenaries’ M82A1A.
- Shotguns are balanced to do less damage at long range but more damage at close range.
- Grenade launchers and rocket launchers have less delay in between shots.
- Front End weapons values are updated to reflect the new Cold Front DLC Pack weapons.
- In addition to the new characters and weapons, Zipper Interactive has also added 100% Random Medleys to the patch update.
- Ultimate 32-player online combat experience featuring stunning high-definition visuals, advanced physics, ballistics, impact and destruction modeling
- Rich interactive and destructible environments supporting multiple game types
- Full support of the SixAxis wireless controller, offering greater control
- Choice of playing as various International Special Forces
- Advanced voice communication systems and immersive audio
- Comprehensive player customization including fully featured load out, encumbrance and unique uniforms
- Up to seven different game modes are available on each map
- Advanced player matching, players can form a team with their friends and easily join an online game
- Regional combat or challenge teams from around the world
- Additional themed downloadable content packs available post launch
More articles about SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation