The Crystal Chronicles franchise enters the action-adventure genre for the first time with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. Combining in-depth storytelling and an expansive world with motion-driven, real-time gameplay, this title allows players to freely explore and interact with a vibrant game world.
Continuing the strong tradition of graphical excellence in the Final Fantasy series, the game melds realistic gameplay and fantastical art direction. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers is a unique experience for this holiday season and accessible to gamers of all levels.
A thousand years have passed since the events of the original Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The destruction of the Yuke Crystal during the Great War had at once brought the victorious Lilty Tribe prosperity, the defeated Yuke Tribe apparent annihilation, and the world a new age of science and reason. In this new era exists a rare breed of powerful beings called “crystal bearers,” whose seemingly magical abilities have led them to be feared and scorned by the public. The young mercenary Layle is one such crystal bearer, who has been hired to escort the new passenger airship Alexis, the pinnacle of Lilty technology and a symbol of their current dominance. However, when the Alexis is suddenly besieged by a horde of monsters, Layle comes face-to-face with an adversary thought to have vanished from the pages of history, on a quest that may threaten the future of the world...
- Enjoy a new chapter of the series that takes place a thousand years after the events of the original Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, where technology has advanced to its peak and magic is considered taboo
- Encounter the first Final Fantasy game developed exclusively for Wii, complete with motion-driven gameplay and intuitive controls that are accessible to gamers of all levels. Enjoy a variety of actions and third-person shooter style gameplay
- Step into the hero’s shoes and experience the action first-hand! Control Layle’s crystal bearer powers to battle adversaries, navigate through obstacles and move objects at will in a highly interactive environment
- Traverse the terrain, swing from high places or take a swim in a world in which all areas are open for exploration
- With an extra Wii Remote™, friends and family can jump in to assist the player in times of need
- Engage in a variety of playable events that blend seamlessly into the game's story
- Traverse the vast game world on foot, by train, or on the back of a chocobo!
- Enhance Layle's powers with accessories that can be purchased at shops or custom-made at workshops using various materials
Flight sim jockeys who acquire Wings of Prey through the digital distribution store will receive two exclusive planes at no extra cost.
The final version of Wings of Prey arrives on the heels of an intense gameplay and technology beta test. In the coming months, Gaijin will continue to enhance Wings of Prey and nurture a dynamic online community, with special emphasis given to the release of new missions and additional the planes. In addition, players will be able to stock their virtual hangars with some of the most powerful planes of the Second World War. The first downloadable plane, the Curtis P-40E, is available now for a small fee.
- Authentic World War atmosphere: Cutting edge technologies with highly detailed visuals bring the epic battles to life;
- Engage in more than 50 missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe;
- Historically accurate aircrafts: Experience over 40 planes including fighters, battle planes and bombers. Learn to master Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt and many more;
- Flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation;
- Downloadable content support: more planes and missions are coming next year;
- Support of 6-DOF TrackIR, TripleHead2Go, Saitek and Thrustmaster joysticks, mouse and voice headsets;
- Thrilling multiplayer: 4 game modes to choose; VoIP, lobby game system, leaderboards, friends lists, join-in-progress and host migration features provide great experience;
- Realistic sound effects and original music from Jeremy Soule.
Wings of Prey is available for online purchase through yuPlay.com for $49.99.
PT Boats is dedicated to a small group of little known but perhaps some of the most daring naval combatants of World War II: the torpedo boat crews. These ships are small, fast and agile, and extremely dangerous due to the on-board torpedo launchers. But they are also the most vulnerable of all military vessels. More than once in the history of WWII, a handful of those little deadly boats helped decide the course of an entire battle and executed seemingly impossible missions.
They were called the "mosquito fleet" because of their unique combat tactics. Using speed and agility, dodging enemy fire, PT boats approached seemingly giant enemy ships in a fight of David against Goliath, stung them with well aimed torpedo volleys - and immediately withdrew!
The casualties were immense, but the results often worth these lives and sacrifices. These small heroes of the great war made an unforgettable contribution to the Allied victory.
„PT Boats: Knights of the Sea“ is a full-blown naval simulation, and more: combining key elements of a strategic, tactical and action simulator, the game allows the player to control each crew member separately - or command whole groups of ships in a strategic layer!
„PT Boats“ fully supports DirectX 10 and multi-core processors.
The English language version is available in North America and Europe only from Battelfront's official website, via direct download or as a hardcopy with fully printed manual and DVD box by mail for $45 (plus S&H if applicable).