In a vast open world environment, the game invites players to incarnate Ezio, a privileged young noble in Renaissance Italy who's been betrayed by the rival ruling families of Italy. Ezio's subsequent quest for vengeance plunges players into a captivating and epic story that offers more variety in missions, surprising and engaging new gameplay elements, diverse weapons and a profound character progression that will appeal to fans of the original Assassin's Creed as well as entice players new to the brand.
Assassin's Creed 2 retains the core gameplay experience that made the first opus a resounding success and features new experiences that will surprise and challenge players.
Assassin's Creed Master Assassin's Edition includes:
- Available for PS3 and Xbox 360
- Ezio collectable statue (8.5 inches tall)
- Two exclusive in-game maps:
- Palazzo Medici – Pre-Order Unlockable Map
- Santa Maria Dei Frari – Limited Edition Exclusive
- The Art of Assassin's Creed II hard-covered art book
- Additional Bonus Disc includes:
- Behind the scenes of Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed II soundtrack
- And more
- Premium Collectable Tin
The Master Assassin's Edition is now available for pre-order at GameStop ($79.99 ), quantities are limited.
- Ezio Auditore da Firenze is a young Italian noble who will learn the ways of the assassins after his family was betrayed and he looks to seek vengeance. He is a lady's man, a free soul with panache yet has a very human side to his personality. Through him, you become a master assassin.
- Italy in the 15th century was less a country and more a collection of city-states where families with political and economic strength began to take leadership roles in cities like Florence and Venice. This journey through some of the most beautiful cities in the world takes place in a time in history where culture and art were born alongside some of the most auspicious stories of corruption, greed and murder.
- You will be able to perform missions when you want and how you want in this open-ended world that brings back free-running and adds elements such as swimming and even flying to the adventure. The variety in gameplay adds another layer for you to truly play through the game any way you choose.
- Discover a living, breathing world where every character is an opportunity for the player. Blending in with the crowd is easier, working with in-game characters provide ample rewards but can also lead to surprising consequences.
- Perfect your skills to become a master assassin where you brandish new weapons, learn to disarm enemies then use their weapons against them and assassinate enemies using both hidden blades.
Assassin's Creed II, developed by Ubisoft Montreal, is for a scheduled Holiday 2009 release on NDS, PSP, PS3, X360 and PC.
More articles about Assassin's Creed II