Civilization V takes this definitive strategy game series in new directions with the introduction of hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire. The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience that brings players closer to the Civ experience than ever, featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time. Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. In addition to the new gameplay features debuting in Civilization V, an extensive suite of community, modding and multiplayer elements will also make an appearance.
New downloadable add-on content for Sid Meier’s Civilization V is now available via its digital distribution partners. Players will be able to download the new Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack for free; and for the first time ever, purchase the Babylonian Civilization Pack for $4.99 – which was previously available exclusively as part of the Sid Meier’s Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition.
The Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack calls for the strongest leaders to ride with Genghis Khan and his Mongol horsemen to establish the largest continuous land empire ever seen. Rulers lead their civilization from humble beginnings on the steppes of Asia, until all under heaven tremble at the might of the nation.
Players can continue expanding their conquests with the Babylonian Civilization Pack as the Babylonian ruler, Nebuchadnezzar II (c. 630 – c. 561 B.C.). As King of Babylon, gamers will be able to expand their empire with advanced Babylonian Bowmen to rightfully earn the title of Nebuchadnezzar the Great.
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game -- the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own.
- Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisers who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make.
- Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
- In-Game Community Hub: Compete with Civ players from all over the globe via the Internet and Play by Email, or compete locally in Hotseat and LAN matches, offering endless ways to rule the world. The game itself now serves as the hub of community activity, featuring the ability to share scenarios, compare scores, brag about achievements and visit one of the thriving Civ fansites without leaving the game. It’s now easier than ever for players to become involved in the global Civ Community.
- Modability: With unprecedented modding tools, players will have unlimited options for modifying Civilization V any way they like.
Developed in collaboration with champion skateboarder, Shaun White, the game can be enjoyed by fans today on the Xbox 360 and the Wii. Later this week, fans can enjoy the game on the PS3 and PC.
Shaun White Skateboarding, also available in stereoscopic 3D, is set to refresh the skateboarding genre of video games by giving players the opportunity to skate their way, anyway they want, to transform a gray and dull city into the ultimate skatepark. As players skate, they add color, life and brilliance to the city by extending handrails into endless grinds, carving alleys into half pipes, morphing streets into ramps and much more. Players can skate with friends as well, in local split-screen or 8-person multi-player.
“Working with Ubisoft on my first skateboarding game has been an incredible experience,” says Shaun White. “We wanted to create a skate game that’s fun and different – I’m psyched for fans to check it out.”
Shaun White Skateboarding, rated “T” for Teen, is now available for $59.99 on PS3/X360, while the Wii version, rated “E10+” for Everyone, for $49.99, and the PC version, available Oct. 28, will be available for $29.99.
With all-new features tailored for each platform including “Karma Powers”, achievement-based gameplay, a seamlessly integrated creation exchange on each of the HD platforms, and the first full life simulation on the Nintendo DS, players now have the opportunity to play with life like never before.
“The Sims fans have been anxiously awaiting the next generation release of console and handheld games for the series, and we’ve been working hard to give them the most robust The Sims experience to date,” said Ben Bell, Executive Producer at EA. “From Karma Powers on all the platforms and the integrated exchange on the HD consoles to the most impressive Create a Sim and customization capabilities on Nintendo DS, fans will be able to experience everything they’ve come to love on the PC now on their consoles.”
More choices, more control, more powers and more fun than ever before in a console game for The Sims franchise! The Sims 3 combines the freedom of open world life simulation where players can create Sims – the unique characters found in The Sims games - with distinct personalities and fulfill their desires…or not. On the PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms, players can now control their Sims lives with the guided gameplay of an all-new achievement system and then share those achievements with the world through their Facebook and Twitter accounts. As they complete challenges and collect dozens of achievements they will earn Karma points – all the while deciding the destinies of their Sims. Karma points can be used to unlock and unleash all-new Karma Powers to the grand benefit or wicked detriment of their Sims making it easier than ever to play with life. Players can help their Sim “get lucky,” where everything will go their way for a specific amount of time or hit the ‘giant jackpot’ to rain money down on their Sims. If players want to take the darker road, they can be deviant and curse their Sims with an “epic fail” and cause a total shut down of all their Sims motives. But players should use these powers wisely—they may have unexpected results and karma may come back to bite. The game will also be connected to the worldwide community through a seamlessly integrated creation exchange on each of the PS3 and Xbox 360 systems (internet required). Players can design, build, and share creations, or download content from other players around the world – and for the first time ever on the HD platforms – without ever leaving the game.
The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS provides players with the most fulfilling and robust experience to date. Players can use their stylus to build their Sims a home and use tools to draw walls and floors, and customize virtually everything from décor objects, textures, and more. Using the stylus, players will also be able to sculpt Sims’ facial features, choose hair styles and clothing, and dictate personalities in the most complete Create a Sim yet for a handheld game. In “Story Mode,” players will control multiple Sims within a family and enjoy their Sims special moments. For the first time ever on the Nintendo DS, players can enjoy a complete life simulation with a living, breathing town full of Sims as they guide their Sims through completing challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks, and more.
The Sims 3 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 are rated T for Teen and the NDS is rated E for everyone. Each ships to retailers nationwide on October 26 and in Europe on October 29. The Sims 3 is also available on the Wii beginning nationwide November 15 and in Europe on November 12 and is rated T for Teen.