Europa Universalis III Divine Wind is the fourth expansion for the historical Grand Strategy game Europa Universalis III set in the ancient Far East.
Enhancing every aspect of the original game to create an even deeper and more rewarding experience, you play as one of four major daimyo’s in Japan vying for influence over the Emperor and control over the Shogunate. Other additions include improved diplomacy, more realistic development of trade, multiplayer for up to 32 players and over 50 unlockable Achievements.
Divine Wind is now exclusively available via digital download on all leading digital distribution platforms with a recommended retail price of $19.99/€19.99/£14.99. Please note that the Divine Wind expansion requires Europa Universalis III Complete as well as the Heir to the Throne expansion to play.
Independent game developer S2 Games announced today that HoN 2.0 – an upgraded version of the session-based, multiplayer, action-RPG Heroes of Newerth (HoN) – is now available. HoN 2.0 features a more action-packed game style that will enhance the adrenaline factor for hardcore gamers and attract more casual gamers, a growing breed of HoN players. In addition to enhanced visual and interface elements, a new 3v3 map, a map editor, and a cosmetic items shop, HoN 2.0 introduces a new-and-improved Match Making System that fairly and quickly matches players. HoN 2.0 also introduces an entirely new game play mode, called Casual Mode, aimed to lower the barrier to entry for new and casual gamers.
HoN 2.0 streamlines the game play experience, enabling faster and shorter games—elevating the HoN platform a step further above DotA. HoN, since its launch earlier this year has garnered a dedicated following, with more than 12.3 million downloads, and an average of more than 230,000 players per day. The team-oriented design of HoN, when combined with the HoN 2.0 upgrades, allows for an incredibly deep tactical team-based experience unlike any other.
Newly added features of HoN 2.0 include:
- New Match Making System: This innovative and intuitive feature increases the efficiency of team creation by automatically gathering player statistics and formulating teams, resulting in more fair matches. It minimizes wait time and makes it easier for players to play together on a level playing field.
- Casual Mode: This entirely new mode of play will provide new HoN players and casual gamers with a more “fun,” less punishing way to learn and play HoN. Elements in Casual Mode speed up progression and increase rewards in ways that remain true to the game's core identity, delivering a version that can be embraced by new and veteran players alike.
- New 3v3 Map- Grimm’s Crossing: A new action-packed and exciting map that features a two-way teleporter in the middle area. The map’s terrain, sculpted around the concept of nonstop combat, enables players to get creative and aggressive in exploring new fighting strategies.
- Map Editor: Users can now create and edit maps for enhanced single-player experiences, and users who are inspired to create multi-player maps can submit their map designs to the HoN DREAM website for potential inclusion in HoN.
- HoN In-Game Shop: With Goblin Coin currency, which can be earned or bought, players can purchase in-game brag-worthy cosmetic upgrades such as alternate hero avatars, taunt availability, chat icons and sound packs. The micro-transaction based store, controlled by Merrick the goblin shopkeeper, allows players to customize their experience without affecting game play or degrading the competitive integrity of HoN.
In addition, HoN 2.0 game enhancements/additions include:
- Interactive Mini-Map: Fresh enhancements include an interactive mini map that lets players quickly view information about an object by rolling over it with the mouse.
- Context-Sensitive Commands: Communicate with teammates by holding ALT and clicking on an object on the map or in the game-world itself to give commands, such as “attack this Hero,” or “defend this tower.” This unit-ping feature also draws visuals around the target to improve team coordination when engaging the enemy.
- End-Game Achievements/Rewards: Account experience and goblin coins will be rewarded at the end of each Matchmaking game, creating a whole new layer of depth and progression. Players may redeem these rewards in the In-Game Shop.
“In developing HoN 2.0, we looked to incorporate the feedback from our loyal and growing player base, while continuing to push the envelope of the game experience,” said Marc DeForest, CEO and founder of S2 Games. “With new graphic developments, enhanced features, and infrastructure development, we are confident that existing and new HoN players will get one of the best multiplayer, action-RPG experiences available today.”
HoN stands apart from other multiplayer and action-RPG games because of its session-based game approach, condensing all the positive elements of an MMO or action-RPG into a single session for a more direct, intense experience.
HoN 2.0 is a free upgrade for all current HoN players. New players can download HoN 2.0 and pay the one-time $30 cost at the official website.