Based on the first novel in the best-selling book series, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thiefis set in a modern world where the twelve gods of Mount Olympus are alive and Percy Jackson, the teenage son of Poseidon, is suspected by Zeus of stealing his lightning bolt, the universe's most powerful weapon. Percy must prove his innocence, save his mother, and avoid a devastating war among the gods.
"It's wonderful to see this magical saga brought to life in gamers' hands," said David Oxford, Activision Publishing. "The game's impressive visuals and strategic gameplay does justice to the larger than life contemporary mythological world in which the book and movie take place."
Gary Rosenfeld, Senior Vice President of New Media Licensing for Fox Licensing added, "Fans of the book series and those about to become fans of the film are going to have a great time playing this game."
Players will need to employ all the spells and strategies at their disposal as they lead Percy and his friends, Annabeth and Grover, through every exciting scenario. As they overcome enemies they will grow more powerful and learn new skills to aid them as they search for the lost lighting bolt. Planning which team member to take into battle is key to survival - certain combinations of characters boost their effectiveness.
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief is now available for NDS at the retail price of $29.99.
Star Ocean The Last Hope: International continues the series traditions of soaring space opera, blending science fiction with fantasy for a unique RPG experience. The PS3 version will include the option for players to choose English or Japanese voiceovers and localised subtitles in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Star Ocean The Last Hope: International’s refined gameplay features four party members and team-oriented combat, while maintaining the innovative real-time battle system that has become a trademark of the STAR OCEAN series.
Larry Sparks, Vice President of Brand, Square Enix products comments, “Star Ocean: The Last Hope was well received by fans and Xbox 360 owners when it was released last year and we’re very pleased to be releasing this game on PS3. The epic sci-fi storyline and superb graphics will make it an essential release for many PS3 owners.”
The year is S.D. 10. In the aftermath of World War III, humanity voyages into the stars in search of a new home… and a second chance.
- Choose between English and Japanese voiceovers – only available on the PS3 version
- A prequel that combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the Star Ocean universe.
- Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise’s famous real-time battle system, including amazing graphics and visual effects
- Features breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cut-scenes for the acclaimed Final Fantasy RPG series
- Text localised for PAL territories with French, German, Spanish and Italian subtitles and menu screens