Based on Games Workshop's epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
Mythic Entertainment will be celebrating the Valentine’s Day season with heart-pounding online activities and live events beginning this week in all three of the studio’s MMOs – Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR), Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima Online. Keep a close eye out for Witch Elves and Hunters, Imps and lonely souls lurking across the Mythic universe equipped with new quests and special Valentine’s Day items!
Warhammer Online’s epic Night of Murder Live Event runs from February 9th – 16th:
- Players will receive event influence by completing daily tome tasks.
- “Marked for Death" quest given out by Witch Elves and Witch Hunters located in every warcamp, scenario, and capital city.
- Online gifts include the Butcher’s Blessing, the Well-Mounted Skull and Khaine’s Caress. Players will also be able to find the rare world drop items, including the Lobbin’ Noggin and Burning Blood Potion.
Dark Age of Camelot
Dark Age of Camelot’s Valentine’s Day Live Event will run from February 8th – 21st and brings two new quests to players that will help them find a heart:
- “A Matter of the Heart Quest” will give players of all realms the chance find the imp, Russel, near the gates of their capital cities, ready to offer some interesting tasks from the local imp's union in return for a Lawn Cupid trophy, experience and coin.
- “The Keeping Company” Quest will be offered to characters level 45 and above and will have a unique challenge for players in Albion, Midgard and Hibernian. As a reward, players will receive a Tiny Compatriot Crate trophy, experience and coin.
- “The Valentine’s Traditions” Quests will offer three old style quests which were part of the original Dark Age of Camelot Valentine’s Day content. Players will be able to complete the quest up to three times, which is based on the number of times the original quest has been issued online. Players will be rewarded with a Hearts Cloak, Heart-Shaped Box, experience and coin.
Ultima Online will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th:
- All subscribers will receive a Beating Heart Box filled with three different types of chocolates with various sayings on them including “Be Mine.”
- In addition, players will be given a Rose in a box signed by one of the members of the Ultima Online team.
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning