Sony Online Entertainment announced a line-up of new titles for the PlayStation Network, including the hugely popular Plants vs. Zombies, Acceleration of Suguri X Edition, Slam Bolt Scrappers, Akimi Village, Sideway, and Rochard.
“SOE has delivered more than 6.5 million downloads worldwide on the PlayStation Network, including a mix of classic and original intellectual properties, top-tier casual games, and PlayStation Network exclusives,” said Chris Sturr, executive director of business development and corporate strategy at Sony Online Entertainment. “We continually seek creative opportunities to generate new and entertaining ways to enhance a player’s gaming experience and our latest line-up proves this with all-new games that are fun and engaging.”
As a leading publisher on the PlayStation Network, SOE will kick off the year with PopCap’s fan favorite and critically acclaimed, Plants vs. Zombies, followed by a collection of games to entertain and challenge players, including:
- Plants vs. Zombies: This zombie-zapping downloadable game challenges players to build an arsenal of loyal plants to defend their home against attacking waves of the undead.
- Acceleration of Suguri X Edition: SOE and Rockin’ Android team up once more to bring the ultimate in anime-style robot-fighting to the PlayStation Network. In Acceleration of Suguri X Edition, players take on the role of a scorned robot to maneuver through arcade storylines and battle other robots.
- Slam Bolt Scrappers: Developed by Fire Hose Games, Slam Bolt Scrappers is an intense building and brawling mash-up, exclusive to the PlayStation Network. Players aim to construct the greatest towers in Slam Bolt City while defending against devious baddies and epic bosses.
- Akimi Village: Developed by NinjaBee, players obtain blueprints, gather resources and construct a village to help rid Akimi Island of lingering gloom in this PlayStation Network exclusive.
- Sideway: Set against the gritty art culture in New York City, Sideway follows the adventures of Nox, a 2D rebellious young artist, as he navigates the 3D urban streets. This audacious new PlayStation Network exclusive by Playbrains and Fuel Industries is scheduled to launch this spring.
- Rochard: Players embrace the gravity-bending exploits of space miner John Rochard as he discovers the first proof of extra-terrestrial life. Developed by Recoil Games, Rochard combines space exploration and puzzle-solving in a side-scrolling single player experience.
More articles about Plants vs. Zombies